Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
1 ½ cups almond flour, or any gluten free flour
½ cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg, or 1 tablespoon flaxseed with ½ tablespoon water
¼ cup coconut milk
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup coconut yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lemon, zested
2–3 drops Lemon oil
1 package white chocolate
¼ teaspoon coconut oil
1. In a medium bowl combine almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine egg, coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and Lemon essential oil.
3. Combine wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix until mixture is thick.
4. Preheat oven to 350° F.
5. Place batter into a Ziploc bag, cut a ½ inch hole in the corner.
6. Pipe the batter into a greased doughnut pan, or create doughnut shapes on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Let doughnuts cool.
9. Combine white chocolate and ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil. Melt using a double boiler.
10. Dip each doughnut into the chocolate. Enjoy!