Being able to whip up a quick but delicious salsa is a skill that no one should be without. Always the perfect combination with tortilla chips, salsas are also useful for all sorts of dishes. For example, you can add it to stuffed peppers, tortilla soup, and Spanish rice.
The addition of Cilantro oil brings the added benefit of assisting with digestion and providing antioxidants.* Antioxidants help prevent free radical damage and are highly important to our cellular health. We’ve kept the fresh cilantro in this recipe for color and flavor, but adding in the highly concentrated essential oil gives you more benefits than the fresh herb by itself.
1 bunch cilantro
3 cloves garlic
1 lime, juiced
1 pinch cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 drop Cilantro oil
- Wash cilantro, peel garlic, and cut jalapeno pepper in half, removing the seeds. Chop onion into several large chunks. Juice lime.
- Place onion, garlic, jalapeño halves, and cilantro into blender. Blend until ingredients come together, still leaving the mixture mostly chunky.
- Chop tomatoes into quarters, add to blender.
- In a small bowl, add Cilantro oil, salt, and cayenne pepper to lime juice, mix together. Add lime mixture into blender.
- Blend to desired texture. For chunky salsa, blend only for a short amount of time.