Making your own granola is a great way to ensure that it is both healthy and delicious. This granola recipe is made with yummy and wholesome ingredients, warmed with a hint of cinnamon. Enjoy this granola over yogurt, with milk and a spoon, or alone by the handful.
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1 ½ cups sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
¼ cup flax seed meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried cranberries
½ cup honey
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut oil
10 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In large glass bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil together.
- Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture. Add essential oil. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture onto large metal pan and place in oven.
- Stir granola every ten minutes to help granola bake evenly.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes, or until granola is golden brown. Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Add dried cherries and cranberries. Store in airtight container.
Tip: Similar to cookies, granola continues to cook as it cools. Err on the side of underdone when taking the granola out of the oven to avoid dry and overcooked granola.