This mousse is gluten-free, dairy-free, and your mouth will be none the wiser.
2 bars (or 6 oz.) dairy-free fine chocolate
2 large ripe avocados
2 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
1 vanilla bean pod
6 tablespoons maple syrup
¼–½ cup sugar
1 (5.4 oz.) can of coconut cream
- Cut one bar in half, reserving half of one bar for shavings.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water.
- Break the remaining chocolate into the bowl and stir, allowing it to melt.
- Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, halve and stone the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a food processor or blender, discarding the skins.
- Split the vanilla bean pod down the middle, scoop out the beans, and add them to the food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse for a few seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, then pulse again to combine.
- Pour in the cooled chocolate, then pulse a final time until creamy and smooth.
- Put into desired serve ware, then pop in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve with an extra grating of chocolate.
Tip: For a different flavor, try using Lavender oil instead of Peppermint.