Submitted by Erin Woitshek, Kentucky
Change up your usual mundane chicken dish into one with deep and delicious flavor. Using Lemon oil
in addition to the lemon juice adds a depth of flavor without adding too much acidity to the recipe. You also will enjoy the cleansing and digestive benefits of taking Lemon oil internally.Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 lemons, juiced
½ cup white cooking wine
1 cup chicken stock
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons capers in brine (optional)
- Place chicken breasts between two layers of plastic wrap and, using a mallet, pound to ½-inch thick.
- Season each piece of chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken lightly in flour. Shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown on each side (about 5 minutes per side); remove to plate or cookie sheet.
- Add garlic, thyme, lemon juice, wine, and chicken stock to pan. Scrape browned bits from bottom. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat. Add butter, parsley, and capers.
- Add Lemon essential oil.
- Return chicken breasts to pan and cook until heated through (3–4 minutes).
- Serve with sauce spooned over chicken.
Tip: If you don’t have white cooking wine, add ½ cup extra chicken stock instead.