If you are new to the world of essential oils, you might be wondering, “How do I use essential oils?” Even if you’ve never used essential oils before, once you have a basic understanding of how they work, it is easy to incorporate oils into your everyday life.
In fact, most of the tasks you complete throughout the day can be done with the help of essential oils. Cooking, cleaning, bathing and personal care, relaxation and sleep, exercising—essential oils can help you with all of these things.
If you want an easy way to incorporate essential oils into your daily life, you can simply swap out some of your everyday products for oils. Once you start to experience the power and potency that essential oils have to offer, you’ll realize how useful they are in everyday life.
Why use essential oils?
So, why use essential oils instead of the regular products you get at the store?
- First, essential oils provide a safe, natural way to care for yourself and your family. Instead of buying products full of mysterious ingredients or questionable chemicals, you can have peace of mind knowing that you are using natural products in the home.
- Second, essential oils are extremely potent, which means you’ll only need a drop (or less!) for many everyday tasks. Other products on the market do not come from pure or potent sources, so they require a larger amount of product in order to be effective. In the long run, this makes essential oils a more cost-effective option.
- Lastly, the benefits of essential oils stretch far and wide. Chances are, if you are using essential oils for one task, you are likely enjoying more than just one benefit. For example, Lemon oil has cleansing properties that make it useful for cleaning around the home, but it also holds benefits for digestion, and the aroma is uplifting to the emotions which helps promote a positive mood. When was the last time you bought something that offered that many benefits all rolled into one?
Want to see how you can switch out some of your everyday products and start taking advantage of the power of essential oils? Give these oils a try!
doTERRA® Frankincense Touch
If your bathroom cupboards are full of fancy skincare products that promise to reduce the appearance of blemishes, oily skin, wrinkles, or irritations overnight, you’ve likely been let down by their inability to deliver. Instead of using a store-bought topical cream or blemish solution, allow the soothing, rejuvenating nature of Frankincense oil to soothe and perfect the skin’s appearance.
doTERRA Frankincense Touch has soothing properties that make it useful for reducing the appearance of skin imperfections. The rejuvenating nature of Frankincense oil combined with a gentle dose of Fractionated Coconut Oil make this the perfect product for helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin imperfections. So, instead of applying a dozen creams, moisturizers, and cleansers morning and night, just pull out a bottle of doTERRA Frankincense Touch to give your skin the TLC it needs.
How to use Frankincense oil for skin
- Apply Frankincense Touch to problem areas to help promote a glowing complexion.
- Roll Frankincense Touch over the skin before putting on your moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenate the skin.
- After shaving, apply Frankincense Touch to the face or legs to help reduce irritation caused by razor bumps.
doTERRA Breathe® Touch
For those who want to promote feelings of clear, easy breathing, a store-bought vapor is usually the go-to solution. Again, like many other products on the market, these types of vapors typically require a large amount of product while only providing short-lived relief.
Instead of turning to a store-bought vapor rub, consider using doTERRA Breathe Touch to create a cooling, soothing vapor. Not only does the calming aroma of doTERRA Breathe help promote a restful environment, but the formula also helps to minimize the effects of seasonal and environmental threats.
With some of the best essential oils for promoting feelings of clear airways, doTERRA Breathe Touch comes in a convenient roller bottle that allows you to apply the blend on the neck, chest, or back to create an invigorating vapor. If you are ready to ditch the sticky store-bought vapor rubs and experience the ease and refreshing nature of doTERRA Breathe Touch, here are a few ways it can help you to promote easy breathing:
Using doTERRA Breathe Touch for feelings of easy breathing
- Rub doTERRA Breathe Touch on the neck, chest, back, or bottom of feet to promote a restful sleep.
- When you want to create a soothing vapor, roll doTERRA Breathe Touch over the neck and chest, and take a deep breath.
- Apply to the chest or feet when seasonal and environmental threats are high.
doTERRA® DigestZen® Touch
When stomach discomfort arises, you likely turn to store-bought solutions in hopes of getting rid of stomach upset or motion sickness. Did you know that some essential oils can be calming to the stomach, even when applied topically?
DigestZen Touch is a powerful solution for easing feelings of queasiness, as it uses a blend of Anise, Peppermint, Ginger, Caraway, Coriander, Tarragon and Fennel, which are known for their ability to ease the effects of motion sickness and stomach upset when inhaled or applied topically.
Instead of reaching for generic solutions with a chalky aftertaste, allow the powerfully soothing oils in the DigestZen Touch Blend to bring you the comfort you need.
Using DigestZen Touch to ease the effects of motion sickness
- Take on a road trip to ease the effects of motion sickness.
- Apply to the stomach or bottoms of feet after eating a large meal.
- Keep on hand when flying or traveling.
Click below to see how you can swap out more of your everyday products for essential oils:
How to use essential oils