Good digestive health can do a lot to make us feel strong, energized, and healthy. By the same token, digestive distress can do much more than just give us an upset stomach—it can contribute to lowered immunity, weight gain, energy deficiencies, and other issues in the body.
To keep the body functioning at optimal levels, we must give it the nutrients and energy that it needs. In addition to nutritious food, some essential oils can help to support healthy digestion and ease discomfort.* Instead of suffering through the unpleasant effects of digestive distress like stomach discomfort, gas, bloating, and other issues, you can use essential oils to help promote a healthy, happy digestive system.*
Need digestive support? Try using some of the best essential oils for digestion, like Spearmint oil, Tangerine oil, and Lemon oil.
While it has many practical uses, Spearmint is often revered for its ability to promote digestion.* For centuries, spearmint has been used for its digestive benefits.* When taken internally, Spearmint essential oil has an ability to ease occasional stomach upset and support overall digestive health.* Not to mention, it has a wonderfully refreshing taste that freshens the breath and invigorates the senses.
- Place 1–2 drops in a Veggie Cap to help with occasional stomach upset.*
- Add a drop or two of Spearmint oil to any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée for flavoring and to promote digestion.* (Need ideas? Try this Spearmint Lemonade recipe!)
- Dilute a drop of Spearmint oil in at least four ounces of liquid and drink to take advantage of its digestive benefits.*
A favorite citrus oil, Tangerine oil has many internal benefits, including support for healthy immunity, respiration, and digestion.* Because of these benefits, tangerine has a long history of use in Chinese culture and herbal health practices.
With a unique chemical makeup and tangy, sweet taste, Tangerine is a great option for supporting healthy digestion and metabolism.*
- Add 1–2 drops in water, smoothies, teas, or lemonade for flavoring and experience the digestive benefits of Tangerine oil.*
- Place 1–2 drops of Tangerine oil in a Veggie Cap and swallow for immune support and digestive benefits.*
- Experience the internal benefits of Tangerine oil by using it in recipes like this Tangerine Fruit Dip, or this Tangerine Paradise Punch.
As one of the most versatile essential oils, it comes as no surprise that Lemon oil holds significant benefits for the digestive system. Because of its powerhouse chemical profile, Lemon is known to naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion.*
Taken internally, Lemon oil can provide cleansing and digestive benefits to those who are looking to support good digestive health.*
- Add one drop of Lemon essential oil to a glass of water for a refreshing drink that aids digestion and naturally cleanses the body.*
- Incorporate a drop of Lemon into your favorite smoothie or a cup of tea for digestive support.*
- Take a drop or two of Lemon oil in a Veggie Cap in the morning with your other supplements to promote healthy digestion.*
Want to learn more about using essential oils for digestion? Click below:
How to use essential oils for digestion