Every room in your home, condo, or apartment has a purpose, and sometimes even multiple purposes. A diffuser can be a great addition to any room in your home to create your desired environment. It also gives you the chance to be creative with your oils and learn more about how different aromas impact you.
When it comes to diffusing, you really only need to diffuse for 15 to 30 minutes at a time for the benefits, but you can safely diffuse for longer, too. To test out a blend before putting it in your diffuser, remove the caps from two or three bottles of oil, hold them in one hand and then inhale the scent.
What follows are some ideas on diffuser blends to use depending on how you want to influence the environment of the room.
Entryway or Front Room
This space is the first impression your home gives. Diffusing a welcoming or inviting blend is a great way to greet people when they arrive.
- 1 drop Peppermint, 1 drop Roman Chamomile, 1 drop Lavender
- 1 drop Lemon, 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Grapefruit
- Immune: 3 drops Peppermint, 2 drops doTERRA On Guard®, 1 drop Frankincense
- 2 drops Clove, 2 drops Cassia, 2 drops Wild Orange
A place for play, relaxation, gatherings, and sometimes a nap. The living room is probably the most frequently inhabited room in your home aside from the kitchen. This means that it needs to be versatile and functional. With these ideas in mind, we’ve created these blends for the following:
Blends for Energy:
- 1 drop Rosemary, 1 drop Peppermint, 1 drop Lemon
- 3 drops Wild Orange, 3 drops Peppermint
Peace or Happiness Blends:
- 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Bergamot
- 3 drops doTERRA Peace®, 2 drops Wild Orange, 1 drop Grapefruit
- 2 drops doTERRA Peace, 3 drops Siberian Fir, 2 drops Frankincense
Here the scents of good food are, and should be, the primary focus. However, we all know that the kitchen also harbors a plethora of not-so-appealing smells. When you diffuse certain essential oils, you can eliminate odors and purify the air. Often, our kitchens are also a gathering site at the heart of the home, and it’s also often the site of homework and studying. With these two purposes in mind, we have collected together these purifying or focusing blends to have on hand:
- 4 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree), 2 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Lemongrass, 5 drops Melaleuca, 4 drops Clove
- 2 drops Lemon, 1 drop Melaleuca, 1 drop Lime, 1 drop Purify
- 1 drop Basil, 2 drops Lemon, 3 drops Rosemary
- 2 drops Rosemary, 2 drops Cypress, 2 drops Juniper Berry
- 2 drops Vetiver, 2 drops Peppermint, 2 drops Lemon
Your bedroom should be the place you go to for rest and recuperation. Any soothing and calming blend is going to be your go-to in this space.
- 3 drops doTERRA Balance®, 3 drops doTERRA Serenity®
- 4 drops doTERRA Peace, 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Frankincense
Whether it’s a place of refuge in the evening or the site of morning chaos when you’re running late, we all spend more time in our bathrooms than we probably realize. Keep your diffuser handy to make your bathroom a haven where you can prepare for the day ahead or get ready to go to bed. (An extra tip: diffuser blends that help purify the air area also a great idea for bathroom.)
Energizing or Uplifting Blends:
- 1 drop Peppermint, 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Lime
- 3 Drops doTERRA Balance, 3 drops Elevation
- 4 drops Grapefruit, 2 drops Eucalyptus, 2 drops Rosemary