Much like a facial, body polishes (also known as body scrubs) are an exfoliating and moisturizing treatment for your skin. A body polish is applied before a shower and then rinsed off. When it comes to which product to use, natural ingredients have so much to offer. This polish recipe includes Basil oil, which, when applied topically, can act as a cooling and relaxing agent for your skin. Honey is used in this mixture as a natural purifying and soothing component, while brown sugar and raspberries help gently exfoliate and cleanse the skin.
2 cups raspberries
1 drop Basil oil
¼ cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
- Combine the berries, Basil essential oil, and honey in a blender. Pulse on low until a paste forms.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in brown sugar.
- In the shower, before you turn on the water, apply the scrub with your hands. Work in circular motions from your feet up.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer. You can also use this mixture as a mask by leaving it on the body for 5–10 minutes.
- Put the remaining scrub in a sealed container. Refrigerate and use within 7–10 days.
Tip: Cranberries are a great substitute for raspberries.