For a rustic and beautiful fall table centerpiece, fill a hollowed pumpkin with autumn foliage and cut flowers. Use a few drops of Cinnamon and Clove oils to keep your water fresh and your flowers vibrant.
1 block floral foam
Foliage and flowers for arranging
2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
4 drops Clove oil
Optional: florist’s tape
- Carve a hole around the stem of the pumpkin about the size of your floral foam block.
- Using a spoon or your fingers, scoop out as much of the pumpkin’s seeds and fibers as possible.
- Fill a wide bowl with water, adding the Cinnamon and Clove oil. Set foam block on surface of the water and allow to soak until wet all the way through. Trim the foam block to fit inside of your pumpkin.
- If needed, secure foam in place with florist’s tape.
- Arrange foliage and flowers as desired, trimming stems at an angle so that they are sharp before pushing firmly into foam.
Tips: If you intend to keep the arrangement out longer than a day or two consider using an upcycled yogurt or similar plastic container in the pumpkin with the foam placed inside so you can refresh with additional water and a few drops of oil as time goes on.