The first question many of you are probably asking is why you would even need to have the Hootsuite app if you already have Amplify? The answer is that having Hootsuite (a separate free app) will allow you to schedule the post. You can also choose groups you would like to post to aside from your personal or business pages on Facebook.
Once you have downloaded Hootsuite, see the following for tutorials on how to schedule posts and add social networks to Hootsuite.
How to Schedule with Hootsuite
See a post you really love, but you’ve already posted one today? Schedule it for another day. Here’s how:
- Click “Share” in Amplify.
- Select the black owl icon. This will take you back to Hootsuite.
- Select which social platform you would like to post to. Select "Next" in your top right-hand corner.
- Select either AutoSchedule or Custom Time.
- If you clicked AutoSchedule, (go to step 6 for Custom) you will then need to select which Social Networks you would like to post to, if you haven’t already.
- Click the large white arrow in the top right-hand corner. AutoSchedule will notify you when the post is scheduled for on the next screen. Select “View in Publisher” to make final edits on the next screen using the pencil icon, or delete the post entirely using the trash icon at the bottom.
- If you clicked Custom Time, a calendar will pop up allowing you to choose which day you would like to post. When finished, select “OK” in the bottom right.
- Next select the time of day you would like to post. Select “OK” in the bottom right.
- Make sure you have selected the social networks you want to post to, and click the large white arrow in the top right-hand corner.
- The post is now scheduled. Select “View in Publisher” to make final edits on the next screen using the pencil icon, or delete the post entirely using the trash icon at the bottom.
How to Add Your Social Networks in Hootsuite and Post to Groups
Amplify currently defaults to posting to personal pages, though you can add a business page by selecting the Flag icon. However, to post to a group instead, you must have Hootsuite downloaded to your phone in addition to the Amplify app. (Please note that you must be the administrator of the group to post to it using Hootsuite.) For adding an open or closed group if you are using your mobile device or are using the desktop version (amplify.hootsuite.com), please follow the below instructions:
- Go to your Hootsuite home page and click on the three lines in the top left corner. Select "Settings" from the menu.
- In Settings, select "Social networks."
- Click the + button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select “Connect Facebook.” You will then log in with Facebook, and select which group, page, or platform you want to add to Hootsuite. Keep in mind that you can only have three additional networks or pages on Hootsuite before needing to upgrade to their paid version.
- Once you have the group in Hootsuite, return to Amplify.
- For any phone: select the post you want to share. Click on the Black Owl icon, which will take you back to Hootsuite. Click the grey bar and select which group(s) or page(s) you want to post to. You will then be able to send the post out immediately or schedule the post as outlined in the previous instructions.
- For Desktop Amplify: select share, click on "Edit Post." A composer window will appear showing all social profiles connected to your Hootsuite/Amplify account. Select your group, and click on Share.