Geranium Oil Product Description
In Ancient Egyptian times, the essence of geranium flowers was used as a beautifying agent and for its divine floral perfume. The same is true today with Geranium essential oil, which holds incredible benefits for the hair and skin. The primary chemical component found in Geranium oil, geraniol, is the same compound that gives Rose essential oil its famed floral fragrance and powerful skincare properties. This shared component helps to give Geranium essential oil its fresh, rose-like, herbaceous aroma. When applied topically, Geranium oil can promote the appearance of clear skin and clean-looking hair. Whether you simply choose to diffuse it or add it to your personal care routine, Geranium essential oil is sure not to disappoint.
Shop Geranium Oil
How do I use Geranium Oil?
- Haircare: Your hair goes through a lot in a day, so treat it kindly with Geranium essential oil. Add a drop to your regular shampoo or conditioner to balance the moisture in your hair, promote healthy-looking locks, and for an added shine. Enrich your haircare routine even further by trying this DIY Curl Cream with Geranium Essential Oil.
- Skincare: Improve the appearance of your skin by adding two drops of Geranium essential oil to your facial moisturizer twice a day. Alternatively, apply topically with a carrier oil after taking a shower for a smoothing effect on the skin and a fresh, pleasant aroma.
- Massage: A massage with Geranium oil is well-deserved after a long day. Enjoy a refreshing, sweet aroma as you combine Geranium oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and gently massage your skin. The innate properties of Geranium oil help promote the appearance of healthy skin as well as produce an aromatically calm environment.
- Perfume or Deodorant: Geranium essential oil has a fresh, rose-like aroma with subtle herbal notes that make it an ideal scent to wear as a personal fragrance. Simply combine a drop of Geranium oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to pulse points as a perfume or apply to underarms as a naturally sourced deodorant scent, especially one that lasts during outdoor activity.
- Potpourri: Delight in the herbaceous, rose-like aroma of Geranium essential oil with potpourri. Add a couple drops of Geranium oil to a small bowl filled with dried plant materials along with other essential oils and spices and place it throughout your living space or bathroom for aromatically pleasing room décor.
- Diffusion: With its pleasant floral aroma, Geranium essential oil can help create a relaxed and uplifting environment when diffused. Add a couple drops to the diffuser of your choice for an aromatically calming effect in your home, office, or bedroom.
The leaves and flowers of the geranium plant are edible and can be used in desserts, cakes, jellies, and teas. During the Victorian era, fresh geranium leaves were used as decorative pieces on formal dining tables and could be consumed as a fresh sprig if desired.
What is Geranium Oil?
The geranium plant Pelargonium graveolens is a fragrant member of the Pelargonium species and is native to South Africa. The geranium plant can grow up to one meter high and produces fragrant, green leaves and rose-colored flowers and thrives in full sun and well-drained, fertile soils. The entire geranium plant goes through a steam distillation process to produce Geranium essential oil.
What Essential Oils blend well with Geranium?
The sweet, herbaceous notes of Geranium essential oil blend well with Basil oil, Bergamot oil, Cedarwood oil, Clary Sage oil, Lavender oil, Lime oil, Wild Orange oil, or Rosemary oil. For a relaxing springtime scent, combine Geranium oil with Lemon oil and Grapefruit oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.