Supplements Explained: Digestive Health
You may have noticed that doTERRA has an abundance of supplements all intended to benefit the digestive system. If you’ve ever wondered why, the answer becomes clear when you look at statistics. Digestive health is a prime concern for many people—according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIH), approximately 60 to 70 million people are affected by digestive issues in the US alone. The supplements doTERRA offers were created to keep the various components of the digestive system functioning at their best.
When you want to simply take the DigestZen blend to ease queasiness or soothe stomach discomfort after trying new foods, the softgels are a great option because you don’t have to fill your own veggie capsule. At two drops per capsule, you can take one softgel as needed.
- Take after enjoying a meal to promote digestion.
- When traveling or trying new foods take to soothe occasional stomach discomfort.
- Take with water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
This chewable tablet is specifically designed for individuals with sensitive stomachs. Formulated with calcium carbonate, DigestTab works to neutralize and reduce acid. Ginger, Peppermint, Caraway, Coriander, Anise, Tarragon, and Fennel essential oils soothe and support the digestive system, and complete the list of ingredients.
- Use as needed for relief from occasional upset stomach and heartburn.
- Take one tablet to provide relief from the occasional acid indigestion and can help reduce unwanted belching and bloating.
Metabolic enzymes are produced by your body and taken from the food you eat. Your body needs plenty of digestive enzymes to digest food and to help cells convert nutrients into energy. However, the processed, cooked, and preservative-laden foods in the modern diet are often enzyme deficient. TerraZyme contains a blend of active whole-food enzymes and supporting cofactors to make up the difference.
- Take one to three capsules with meals. Adjust the amount depending on what you’re eating—if you’re eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, take one. If you’re eating something more highly processed, take three.
Known as the natural way to cleanse, GX Assist was created with both caprylic acid and essential oils. These ingredients create an unfriendly environment in your digestive tract to potential threats that cause digestive issues.
- On a quarterly basis take one to three softgels with meals. Use for 10 days before starting PB Assist®+. Do not take at the same time as PB Assist+.
It’s no secret that probiotics are great for your gut. With them your digestive system, (not to mention your immune system), can function at its best. PB Assist+ is a combination of pre-biotics and probiotics to encourage the growth of good bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract. It also can support your metabolism and better absorption of nutrients from food. The capsule has been specifically designed with a time-release, double layered system to protect the probiotics from stomach acid.
- If using on its own, take one capsule three times daily with meals for 10 days each month.
- If taking as part of a quarterly cleanse after GX Assist, take three capsules a day for five days, and then one capsule a day for 15 days.
- When your digestive system has been compromised by digestive stressors, PB Assist is safe to take more frequently or for longer periods of time.
PB Assist® Jr.
This is a probiotic powder for kids, and it is also great for adults that find swallowing pills challenging. It contains 5 billion live cells from six probiotic strains, along with prebiotic FOS. Why give a child probiotics? Consuming probiotics during childhood has been shown to balance their microflora and support long-term well-being. And, just like in the adult version, PB Assist Jr. supports both the digestive and immune systems, as well as metabolism and nutrient absorption.
- Consume one sachet daily directly in mouth, or in cold water, juice, or yogurt. Do not mix with hot water.
Formulated with essential oils, the softgels are designed to support the liver and detoxification of the body’s systems. The body is naturally able to rid itself of unwanted substances; Zendocrine is intended to support this process. Each softgel contains 2 drops of the Zendocrine blend.
- Take one softgel two to three times daily.
Zendocrine® Detoxification Complex
Instead of essential oils, the complex is made up of herbs that traditionally support the liver and detoxification. It affects the body through a different mechanism than the Zendocrine softgels, and you can experience different benefits than the softgels for that reason. We recommend trying both to see which works best for you.
- To support the cleansing organs, take two capsules daily (one in the morning and one in the evening) for an entire month. Repeat every three to four months.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.