Vetiver Oil Product Description
The root of the hearty vetiver plant produces one of most versatile essential oils in the business. Vetiver essential oil has a rich, complex, earthy aroma that is frequently used in perfumes and colognes. Due to Vetiver oil’s distinct calming and grounding fragrance, it is an ideal oil to include in massage. In addition to its aromatic benefits, Vetiver oil can also be used in skincare to give skin a revitalized appearance. With so many ways to enjoy the benefits of Vetiver, it’s sure to become a treasured favorite in your collection before long.
doTERRA Touch® Vetiver provides a clean and convenient way to apply Vetiver essential oil directly to the skin. Diluted in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil for smooth, even application and enhanced moisturizing benefits, this product has a gentle formula that is ideal for children and those with skin sensitivities. doTERRA Touch Vetiver delivers its sweet, woody aroma in a 10 mL roll-on so you can easily enjoy this oil’s enriching benefits on-the-go.
Shop Vetiver Oil
How do I use Vetiver essential oil?
- Bath Soak: Fill a bathtub with warm water and add a couple drops of Vetiver oil to your relaxing soak. The aroma of Vetiver oil will aid in creating a soothing and calming atmosphere while the warm water and steady breathing help prepare you for deep relaxation.
- Skincare Routine: Add one drop of Vetiver oil to your evening facial moisturizer for an enhanced skincare treatment that leaves your skin looking healthy.
- Foot Massage: After a busy day of standing, apply a few drops of Vetiver oil to your palms and massage into the bottom of your feet. A Vetiver oil massage is perfect for providing a grounding and calming aroma while you reward yourself with a little TLC.
- Bedtime Routine: Get ready for a restful night’s sleep by creating a relaxing atmosphere with Vetiver oil. Diffuse in your bedroom while winding down or apply a Nighttime Foot Cream using Vetiver essential oil as a part of your routine.
- After School Support: After a difficult day at school, provide your child a relaxing aroma by applying a drop of Vetiver oil to your child’s neck and feet as they unpack and unwind for the evening at home.
- Grounding Aroma: Diffuse Vetiver oil anytime to give an inviting and grounding atmosphere to a room. Carry that atmosphere anywhere you go by using a drop on the skin and inhaling the rich aroma in several deep breaths.
- Diffuser Blends: Use the earthy tones of Vetiver essential oil as a base for your favorite DIY diffuser blends. Adding Vetiver oil to any blend will provide a sweet and woody yet strong and earthy scent that blends well with a huge variety of doTERRA essential oil aromas.
Unlike most grasses, which have roots that branch out in wide and mat-like system, vetiver has thick, stiff roots that can reach more than 3 meters into the earth.What is Vetiver essential oil?
The vetiver plant, Vetiveria zizanioides
, is a member of the grass family. The grass of the plant is a vibrant green color, which grows straight and vertical, and can reach up to 5 feet tall. The root systems of vetiver grow in large, deep clusters underground providing the soil with stability against erosion and helping fortify the grass against drought. doTERRA obtains the fragrant Vetiver essential oil from these roots through a process of hydro-distillation. What essential oils blend well with Vetiver oil?
The aroma of Vetiver oil pairs well with the following essential oils: Lavender oil
, doTERRA Serenity® oil
, Balance® oil
, Sandalwood oil
, Lemongrass oil
, and doTERRA Touch® Jasmine oil
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.