Lemon Oil Product Description
Whenever life gives you lemons, Lemon essential oil is one companion you’ll always want to have on hand. Lemon essential oil is one of the most versatile in the doTERRA catalogue and can be enjoyed in all three of the major essential oils applications—aromatically, topically, and internally. Its citrusy aroma is bright and pleasant, ideal for diffusing to energize the atmosphere of your home. Because of its high content of the chemical compound, limonene, Lemon essential oil has powerful topical cleansing properties and can be added to cleaning products for a fresh, cleansing scent and a boosted clean that gets the job done. Lemons are typically found in the kitchen, making it a great place to keep Lemon essential oil as well. Add Lemon oil to a glass of water or use it in a favourite recipe to add a spark of citrus flavour to your cooking and baking. With so many powerful uses and benefits, its no wonder why Lemon essential oil is an all-time top seller and customer favourite.
Shop Lemon Oil
How do I use Lemon Oil?
- Flavoured Drinks or Water: Brighten up a tasteless glass of water with a drop of Lemon essential oil. For an extra refreshing spin, combine a drop or two of Lemon oil, along with sliced fruit to add a delicious, fruit-infused flavour to your drink. Lemon oil can also be added to your favourite fruit juice for an extra burst of citrus flavour. For another drink idea using Lemon essential oil, check out this recipe for Honey-Ginger-Lemonade.
- Hand Cleansing: When fixing up your bike or car, it’s inevitable that your hands will get greasy. Put the cleansing properties of Lemon essential oil to work by adding a few drops of Lemon oil to your soap and giving your hands a good scrub to remove that greasy feeling from your fingers.
- Residue Remover: Lemon oil can come to the rescue for stuck-on, sticky residues. Simply add a couple drops of lemon essential oil to a rag and use after peeling off a price tag, stickers, or other adhesives. Lemon oil leaves a refreshing, bright aroma as well as removing those stubborn residues.
- Evening Skincare: Use Lemon essential oil to add a bright, pick-me-up aroma to your evening beauty routine. The cleansing benefits of Lemon essential oil can also give your complexion a refreshed, healthy-looking glow. To pamper your skin, add one to two drops of Lemon oil to your favourite evening exfoliant scrub. Be sure to avoid sunlight or UV light for at least 12 hours after using Lemon oil topically.
- Oral Care: Make your teeth shine by combining one to two drops of Lemon oil to baking soda and coconut oil. Rub on your teeth for two minutes, rinse, and then admire the brightened feeling that Lemon oil leaves on your pearly whites.
- Furniture Polish: Keep your leather and wood possessions looking new with Lemon essential oil. Furniture is expensive, so you want to give it the best care possible. Using Lemon essential oil makes it possible to keep your furniture in top shape without harsh chemicals or synthetic ingredients. Simply use Lemon essential oil in these recipes for your own DIY Wood Polish and DIY Leather Polish with essential oils.
- Cooking and Baking: There’s nothing like the bright, citrus taste of lemon. Keep Lemon essential oil in the kitchen as your go-to when fresh lemons aren’t available. Add a few drops of Lemon oil to a broiled fish fillet or roasted chicken or add some zing to your favourite dessert by adding a few drops of Lemon oil. Make Lemon essential oil your secret ingredient when baking and give this recipe for Blueberry Lemon Muffins a try to enjoy more baked, lemony goodness.
- Cleaning: Lemon essential oil makes a great addition to your cleaning routine. Enjoy the fresh, clean scent of Lemon in your equally clean home surfaces by adding Lemon essential oil to a spray bottle filled with water and vinegar to make your own naturally sourced cleaning solution. Use to wipe down countertops, bathroom sinks, or other commonly used surfaces for an effective clean and beautiful, lemony scent.
- Diffusion: Liven up the atmosphere of your living area, office, or bedroom by diffusing Lemon essential oil. This citrusy scent creates an uplifting environment to brighten your day. For an energizing, clean aroma, add three to four drops of Lemon oil to your diffuser. Lemon oil is perfect for diffusing on its own or when paired with other essential oils, creating a crisp, delightful note in any diffuser blend.
Within the span of a year, one lemon tree can produce between 500 to 600 pounds of the round, yellow fruit. About 75 lemons are used to produce enough oil to fill a 15 mL essential oil bottle.
The lemon tree is a small species of evergreen tree native to Asia. Its green ovate, oblong leaves grow alternatively along the branches, and can be used to make a fresh-tasting tea. The lemon tree can grow just over 6 meters tall and is always in season, producing fruit year-round. Lemons are a hybrid mix of a sour orange and a citron with Meyer, Eureka, and Lisbon being among the most common types of this acidic, yellow fruit. The lemon peels, or rinds, of the round, yellow fruits are cold pressed using high mechanical pressure to squeeze the oil from the rind, producing Lemon essential oil.
What Essential Oils blend well with Lemon?
Blend Lemon essential oil with other citrus oils like Grapefruit oil, Lime oil, or Bergamot oil, for a bright, energizing aroma. Minty essential oils like Douglas Fir oil or Wintergreen oil create a fresh, harmonious scent, while spicy oils like Cinnamon Bark oil or Frankincense oil pack a powerful punch when blended with Lemon essential oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.