4 cups (500 g) Rolled oats
1 cup (125 g) Nuts/seeds (pecans, almond shavings, sunflower seeds)
¼ cup (30 g) Chia seeds
¼ teaspoon Fine sea salt
½ cup (120 ml) Melted coconut oil
1/3 cup (80 ml) Maple syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2/3 cup (85 g) Unsweetened coconut flakes (or 1/2 cup (65 g) shredded coconut)
1/2 cup (65 g) Chopped dried fruit - cranberries or raisins (optional)
2 - 3 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Heat oven to 175°C.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, nuts, chia seeds, ground cinnamon and sea salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate measuring cup, stir together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and drops of Cinnamon oil until combined. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oats mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from oven, add the coconut shavings, and give the mixture a good stir. Bake for 5 more minutes, until the coconut is lightly toasted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then stir in the dried fruit or any other optional add-ins you might prefer.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.