Spearmint Oil Description
Famed for its minty-fresh flavor, spearmint and Spearmint essential oil have graced the ingredient lists of candy, gum, and dental products for years—and for good reason. Its taste is sweet and refreshing! Spearmint essential oil offers a sweet, minty taste and aroma that freshens the breath. Plus, Spearmint oil’s limonene content gives it effective topical cleansing benefits, making it a perfect addition to your oral care routine. It also has a delightfully fresh taste when used in cooking, and can be used in culinary applications to add a unique dimension of flavor to salad dressings, drinks, desserts, and marinades. Aromatically, the clean and energizing aroma of Spearmint essential oil helps create an uplifting and invigorating environment, ideal for any office space or homework corner.
Shop Spearmint Oil
How do I use Spearmint Oil?
- Abdominal Massage: Spearmint essential oil provides a distinct and gentle cooling sensation to the skin, making it an ideal oil to use as a part of a comforting abdominal massage. Dilute one or two drops of Spearmint oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage in gentle circles on the stomach and lower abdomen when in need of a soothing sensation on the skin, or simply a refreshing aroma after a meal.
- Oral Care: To freshen breath and support healthy-looking teeth and mouth, add a drop of Spearmint essential oil to your toothbrush before you brush your teeth. Alternatively, add one drop of Spearmint essential oil to 30 mL of water, swish around your mouth, and spit for a refreshing mouth rinse. Whichever way you incorporate Spearmint oil into your oral care routine, enjoy the delightful taste and the minty, clean feeling that comes with it.
- Kitchen Flavor: The spearmint herb has long been used in cooking, both in food and beverages, and Spearmint essential oil is equally suited to the task. Add a drop of Spearmint essential oil to your favorite recipes for a delicious, minty flavor in desserts, teas, salad dressings, or meat sauces.
- Study Routine: Using fresh, energizing aromas like Spearmint essential oil can provide a pleasant backdrop during long periods of work or study. Before sitting down to the task, place a drop of Spearmint oil on your palms, cup over your nose, and enjoy a few deep breaths of the positive, minty aroma.
- Diffusion: Add three to five drops of Spearmint essential oil to the diffuser of your choice and diffuse for a minty aroma that freshens the air. Spearmint oil has an energizing aroma, perfect for blending with citrus essential oils or other herbaceous scents for an unforgettable and invigorating diffuser combination.
Spearmint, a specific species of the larger mint family, is also known as lamb's mint, our lady's mint, spire mint, and sage of Bethlehem.
What is Spearmint Oil?
The Spearmint plant, Mentha spicata, is a perennial herb with leaves that grow opposite each other along their square stems. Spearmint leaves are dark green and characteristically oval-shaped with serrated edges and a pointed tip, and are highly fragrant. The plant grows tiny, lilac, pink, and white flowers in tight spires atop stalks of leaves. The spearmint leaves are steam distilled to produce the aromatic Spearmint essential oil.
What essential oils blend well with Spearmint Oil?
Spearmint essential oil blends well with Lavender oil, Rosemary oil, Basil oil, Peppermint oil, and Eucalyptus oil for diffusion.
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.