Lemongrass Oil Product Description
As a fragrant and versatile plant, lemongrass has long been used in cooking, especially for bringing its uniquely citrusy and herbal flavor to soups, teas, curries, and seafood. However, the uses and applications of the carefully extracted Lemongrass essential oil extend far beyond the kitchen. Lemongrass essential oil has an herbaceous, bright aroma and offers a myriad of useful benefits. Lemongrass essential oil is a favorite for use in massage, both for its bright and relaxing aroma and for the soothing and cleansing benefits it holds for the skin. Because of these topical cleansing benefits, Lemongrass essential oil is also a common ingredient in naturally sourced detergents, soaps, and surface cleaners.
Shop Lemongrass Oil
How Do I Use Lemongrass Oil?
- Personal Fragrance: Lemongrass oil has a pleasantly pungent and citrusy aroma that is often used in perfumes. Apply one drop to your wrists and neck or under your arms for a fresh, naturally sourced personal scent. The aroma of Lemongrass oil is also strong enough to last even during outdoor activities like hiking, so you can enjoy the fresh fragrance of Lemongrass oil no matter where your adventurous nature takes you!
- Massage: Because Lemongrass oil provides skin-soothing sensation when used topically, it is a favorite to use during massage. The relaxing herbal aroma make it a popular choice for massage therapy, and the invigorating topical sensation make it a desirable oil to use in a post-workout massage, especially focusing on the legs and feet. To use in a soothing massage, combine one to two drops of Lemongrass oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into desired areas.
- Home Cooking: Because of its long history in the culinary scene, Lemongrass oil is a unique and versatile essential oil to keep in your kitchen cabinets. Use Lemongrass oil in your home cooking by adding one drop to flavor a variety of recipes, especially soups, curries, meats, fish, or candies that celebrate Asian cuisine and flavors.
- Skincare: Lemongrass is particularly known for its powerful cleansing benefits and can be especially effective in your skin care routine to help promote healthy-looking skin. Add one drop of Lemongrass essential oil to your daily facial cleanser for a soothing sensation on the skin as well as fresh, clean-looking skin.
- Nail Care: The cleansing properties of Lemongrass oil can also help support the appearance of healthy-looking fingernails and toenails. For a soothing, naturally-sourced mani-pedi routine that has a fresh, energizing aroma, combine one drop of Lemongrass oil with one drop of Tea Tree oil and massage into fingernails, toenails, and cuticles to keep them looking clean.
- Diffusion: Add three drops of Lemongrass essential oil to a diffuser of your choice whenever you want a positive, citrusy aroma for your home. Lemongrass oil also makes a great aroma to diffuse on the patio or back porch because of its refreshing herbaceous notes.
How Is Lemongrass Sourced?
Through our sustainable sourcing practices, doTERRA sources Lemongrass oil through Southern India because of the high levels of rainfall in the region. A greater amount of rainfall creates a higher citral content in the lemongrass, which makes it superior for essential oil use.
During harvest time, farmers hike five miles up a steep mountain and work for roughly seven days to harvest 100-acres of lemongrass crop. The lemongrass is harvested by hand, using a sickle, which makes the harvesting process very labor intensive. Once the lemongrass is harvested and gathered, the farmers walk back down the mountain, each carrying a lemongrass bundle on top of their head. doTERRA is proud to partner with farming families in Southern India to support their livelihoods and sustain their way of life, while securing top-quality Lemongrass essential oil to share with the world.
What Is Lemongrass Oil?
Sourced in Southern India, the evergreen lemongrass plant known as Cymbopogon flexuosus is a tall, perennial grass. Lemongrass has long, yellow-green, aromatic leaves that grow in tight bunches, and can grow to more than a meter tall at peak harvesting season. The tall grass is cut and steam-distilled to produce Lemongrass essential oil.
What Essential Oils Blend Well with Lemongrass Oil?
For diffusion, blend Lemongrass essential oil with other herbal aromas like Basil oil, fresh aromas like Spearmint oil, or warm, spicy fragrances like Cardamom oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.