Derived from the seeds of the popular kitchen spice, Cardamom essential oil is often used both to flavor food and beverages and for its calm and relaxing aroma. Cardamom essential oil also has an invigorating effect on the skin and offers a unique cooling sensation when applied topically.
Cardamom essential oil is sourced in Guatemala through the doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing® program
Why should I add Cardamom oil to my collection?Like all spice essential oils, Cardamom essential oil can be used in cooking for its trademark flavor and aroma. However, Cardamom essential oil is unique among spice essential oils for its high 1,8-cineole content, which gives it a profoundly rereshing aroma and cooling effect when applied to the skin.
- Dilute two drops Cardamom oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a skin-cooling sensation during an invigorating massage.
- Apply one drop Cardamom essential oil to chest and inhale deeply for an energizing aroma.
- Add one drop Cardamom oil to a full tub of water to enhance a relaxing bath.
- Add one drop Cardamom oil to homemade chocolate for a unique spice flavor.
- Add one to two drops Cardamom oil to bread, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor.
- Blend two drops Cardamom oil with three drops Lavender oil and diffuse for a relaxing aroma.
- Diffuse three to four drops Cardamom oil for a clear, refreshing aroma to brighten the atmosphere.
- Apply one drop Cardamom oil to palms and inhale for a harmonious scent while meditating to promote an environment of focus.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Has a spicy, fruity, warm, energizing aroma
- Adds a spicy, enhanced flavor to water and recipes
- Provides a cooling sensation to skin
- Provides a harmonious and calm aroma during a massage
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
dōTERRA Easy Air® Touch
dōTERRA Lifelong Vitality® Pack (Bottles, NHP)
Spicy, fruity, warm, balsamic
Terpinyl acetate, 1, 8-cineole, linalyl acetate, sabinene, linalool