Hawaiian Sandalwood oil Product Description
Distilled from a renewable source in Hawaii, Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil delivers a scent that is rich, woody, and subtly sweet like honey. Its unique chemical makeup gives Hawaiian Sandalwood oil an aroma that is both grounding and uplifting, as well as properties that can powerfully benefit the skin. These properties make it a perfect essential oil for massages and luxurious at-home spa treatments. Hawaiian Sandalwood oil is highly valued worldwide as an ingredient in skincare products to promote healthy-looking skin and improve the texture of skin imperfections.
Shop Hawaiian Sandalwood Oil
How do I use Hawaiian Sandalwood Oil?
- Morning Meditation: Incorporate the calm, grounding aroma of Hawaiian Sandalwood oil into your yoga or meditation routines. Apply a drop of Hawaiian Sandalwood oil to your heart-center or wrist pulse point to encircle yourself with the uplifting scent of tropical Hawaiian wood and inhale deeply while you go through your regular motions or affirmations.
- Bath: Soak the troubles of the day away in a nice hot bath and enhance the experience with the sweet aroma of Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil. Simply fill the bath with a comfortable temperature of water and add one to two drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil. Not only will the oil offer benefits to your skin, but the calming scent will be an added treat for the senses.
- Skincare: Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil is rich in properties that benefit the skin. For a radiant overnight skin-pampering treatment, add one to two drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil to your favorite moisturizer or night cream and apply it to the desired areas of your skin. This fast and easy nightly application can help leave your skin with a radiant, healthy-looking glow the following morning.
- Spa Facial Steamer: Give yourself a supreme spa experience at home by filling a large bowl with steaming water, then adding one to two drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood oil to the water. Place your face above the bowl of steaming water and drape a towel over the back of your head and across the bowl, creating a tent-like shape. While the steam warms and softens your skin, take deep breaths to inhale in the rejuvenating scent of the essential oil.
- Hair and Scalp Care: Hawaiian Sandalwood oil can also be used to give your hair and scalp a vibrant, healthy-looking appearance. Add a drop of Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil to the shampoo of your choosing, lather, and rinse, or apply one to two drops to Hawaiian Sandalwood essential to your wet hair once you get out of the shower to give it a fresh, healthy look.
- Diffusion: After a long day or to set the perfect daytime atmosphere of your home, diffuse two to three drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood oil in your diffuser for an aroma that is both calm and invigorating. Alternatively, add a drop of Hawaiian Sandalwood oil to an evening diffuser blend with Frankincense essential oil and Lavender essential oil for an utterly relaxing aroma.
The fragrant heartwood of Sandalwood trees has thousands of years of documented use, particularly throughout East Asia, being used for incense, medicinal purposes, carved objects, and architectural projects.
What is Hawaiian Sandalwood oil?
The Hawaiian Sandalwood, Santalum paniculatum, can range in size from a large shrub to a towering tree. In maturity, this plant can reach from two to fifteen meters in height with a canopy that has a diameter of roughly half of the tree’s height. The leaves of the Hawaiian Sandalwood plant are green and glossy on their upper surface and are often pale and of various colors on the under-side. This tree also produces sweet-smelling, blossoming flowers that can in color from green, brown, orange, or salmon color. The heartwood of the Hawaiian sandalwood tree is very fragrant and goes through a long process of stripping, chipping, and distillation to produce doTERRA Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil.
What Essential Oils blend well with Hawaiian Sandalwood?
Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil blends well with Frankincense oil, Lavender oil, Basil oil, Rosemary oil, Peppermint oil, Ylang Ylang oil, and Bergamot oil.
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.