FENNEL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Used for centuries in a variety of applications, fennel seed is known for its distinct licorice flavor and aroma. Today, this seed is distilled into a fragrant, powerful essential oil. Fennel essential oil
provides modern households with a huge variety of uses; try it in the kitchen, in aromatherapy, and topically. This unique essential oil has beneficial characteristics for the skin, while providing the user with a sweet, distinctive scent.FENNEL PRODUCT USES AND BENEFITS
- One of the most common uses for Fennel essential oil is in the kitchen. Give a sweet or savory flavor to any dish by adding 1-2 drops of Fennel essential oil. We recommend adding Fennel essential oil to homemade sausage, sauces, dressings and dips, meats, soups, or any dish that calls for a subtle or distinct anise flavor. Fennel essential oil has a potent flavor, so start small (we suggest starting with a toothpick) and adjust to taste.
- The naturally sweet flavor of Fennel essential oil is perfect to satisfy a sweet tooth when trying to avoid processed sugar and sweets. In fact, a major constituent in the chemical makeup of Fennel is trans anethole, a monoterpene that is thirteen times sweeter than table sugar. Add 1 drop of Fennel essential oil to water, tea, or green juice for a sweet, delicious flavor when those sugar cravings hit!
- The herbaceous, sweet aroma of Fennel essential oil makes it a great companion in a soothing abdominal massage. After a filling meal, apply 1-2 drops with 10 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil, topically to stomach, and massage in a circular motion.
- Take advantage of the energizing aroma of Fennel essential oil by diffusing 3-4 drops in your home or office space to create the perfect environment for a productive day.
- Applied topically, Fennel essential oil can be calming and soothing to the skin. Whenever applying to the skin, dilute 1 drop of Fennel oil with 5-10 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil to avoid skin sensitivity.
In ancient Rome, warriors were said to have eaten Fennel to prepare them for war and grant them strength in battle. PLANT DESCRIPTION
Fennel is an evergreen perennial native to the Mediterranean, though it is now typically grown in herb and vegetable gardens across the globe. Known for its licorice flavor and aroma, fennel produces flowers, fragrant leaves, and most importantly, fennel seeds. Fennel essential oil is steam distilled from these seeds. OILS THAT BLEND WELL WITH FENNEL
The aroma of Fennel pairs well with other savory cooking spice and herb essential oils like Cinnamon
, and Rosemary
. You can also use Fennel essential oil to bring out the bright, sweet notes of citrus essential oils like Lime
, Wild Orange
, and Ginger
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.