Citronella Product Description
From the tall leafy grasses of Asia, Citronella essential oil
is one of the newest members of the doTERRA family. Though you may not know it well yet, this isn’t an oil to overlook! Citronella oil has a natural, fresh, herbaceous aroma making it an ideal on-the-go adventure companion, especially during activities like camping, hiking, and prepping for a barbecue. Those are just the beginning of Citronella oil’s versatile uses—floral notes in Citronella oil give it a positive, calming aroma, and Citronella essential oil can even be soothing to the skin and scalp when applied topically. For these reasons and so many more, Citronella oil is the perfect essential oil for all your year-round activities, whether the party takes you outside or keeps you in!Shop Citronella Oil
How do I use Citronella oil?
- Personal Fragrance:Create a unique personal aroma by applying one or two drops of Citronella essential oil to the neck and wrists.
- Massage Aroma: Take the fresh scents of Citronella oil with you everywhere you go by applying a few drops to the arms and legs. The herbaceous, lemon-like scent gives an especially invigorating aroma during vigorous activities like hiking or spending time outside with the family.
- Cleansing Spray: Combine one to two drops of Citronella essential oil to Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into targeted areas as a part of a soothing massage.
- Outdoor Companion: The unique, herbaceous aromatic notes of Citronella oil make it an ideal essential oil to diffuse both inside (try the kitchen) and out (perfect for the patio)! Diffuse for a calming, aroma that complements time outside, or diffuse in your home on days full of sunshine for a pleasant herbal aroma.
- Diffusion: Citronella’s chemical components include citronellal and geraniol, both of which are excellent naturally sourced compounds for cleaning indoor and outdoor surfaces. Add a few drops to a spray bottle of water and use to clean tables, counter tops, picnic tables, and other surfaces.
The fragrant grass that yields Citronella essential oil got its name from the French word meaning “lemon balm,” due to its floral, citrus-like aroma.
What is Citronella oil?
Citronella, a relative of Lemongrass, is a tall perennial grass native to many regions of Asia. The prized Citronella essential oil is extracted from the long green leaves of this grass through the process of steam distillation.
What essential oils blend well with Citronella oil?
The aroma of Citronella pairs well with other essential oils that have a similar chemical makeup, such as Geranium oil
and Lemongrass oil
, or essential oils with fresh aromas like Tea Tree oil
, Eucalyptus oil
, or Lemon oil
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.