Distilled from tall, leafy citronella grasses in Asia, Citronella essential oil has a crisp, fresh aroma and many versatile uses. Citronella essential oil is often used as a personal fragrance while camping, hiking, or being outdoors, or can be diffused indoors for a fresh, meadow-like aroma. Citronella essential oil also has skin-soothing benefits when applied topically.
Why should I add Citronella oil to my collection? Citronella essential oil’s chemical components include citronellal and geraniol, both of which are excellent naturally sourced solutions for cleaning surfaces inside and outside the home. The combination of both these constituents, alongside its fresh, lemony aroma, is unique to Citronella. Geraniol—a rich constituent you may recognize from Geranium oil and Rose oil—brings powerful skin-soothing benefits when applied topically, including its ability to promote clean and healthy-looking skin.
- Apply one drop of Citronella oil to legs and wrists for a unique personal aroma.
- Apply two drops of Citronella essential oil to arms and legs for an enjoyable indoor and outdoor scent.
- Rub one to two drops of Citronella oil into desired areas for a pleasant aroma during a soothing massage.
- Add one drop of Citronella oil to shampoo for an invigorating aroma and to support a healthy-looking scalp.
- Diffuse three to five drops of Citronella oil outdoors for a soothing, grassy aroma.
- Diffuse three to five drops of Citronella oil in your home on sunny days for a pleasant herbal aroma.
- Add several drops of Citronella oil to a spray bottle of water and use to clean tables, counter tops, and other indoor or outdoor surfaces.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Cleanses indoor and outdoor surfaces
- Provides a calming aroma during a massage
- Has a pleasant an indoor or outdoor aroma
- Contains skin-soothing properties
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
Tea Tree (NHP)
Slightly sweet, floral, rosy, lemon-like