No matter the season, a breath of fresh air always hits the spot! Air-X essential oil blend is the epitome of freshness—a scented symphony of citrusy, woody, and herbal aromatic notes. This do it yourself chest rub is the perfect way to deliver a breath of fresh aromas with soothing coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax. When you aren’t feeling the best or the weather is shifting, nothing feels better than a moisturizing, soothing massage accompanied by a delightful aroma.
The addition of Copaiba essential oil
lends the perfect complementary aroma to this DIY chest rub with its subtle woody notes. Copaiba oil is a very gentle and neutral oil with an incredibly soothing, moisturizing effect on the skin. Additionally, Copaiba oil can help increase the absorption and efficacy of other essential oils. SUPPLIES
Alternative essential oil aroma recommendations: Eucalyptus oil, Easy Air® oil, Peppermint oil, or Lavender oil. INSTRUCTIONS
- Add all ingredients, except for the essential oils, to a glass jar.
- Fill a large saucepan with between one and one-and-a-half inches of water and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low to maintain a simmer, then add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt the ingredients together. Stir every few minutes to combine well.
- Once melted, remove from the heat to cool for 5-10 minutes and then add the essential oils to the mixture and combine.
- When the essential oils are well incorporated, transfer the mixture into the tins. Store in a dry, cool place.
To use this homemade chest rub, simply dole out a small amount with your knuckle and massage into your chest in gentle circles. Don’t forget to inhale the invigorating aroma slowly and deeply!
Once you’ve made your own essential oil chest rub, share this recipe to Instagram or Facebook so your friends and family can get in on the freshness. Don’t forget to tag us (@doterraca)!