The great outdoors calls us to adventure, but we’re still often bound by the whims of the weather. Some seasons unlock endless hours of outdoor activities, while others typically mean more time inside to shelter from the harsher elements. Whether its day, night, rain, or shine, we’ve got a DIY that uses Tea Tree essential oil
and Citronella essential oil
to wrap your senses in the scents of the outdoors. Burn this easy-to-make aromatic candle outside to accompany a gathering on the family porch, or take it indoors when troublesome whether has you longing for the enriching herbal aroma of outdoor scents.
- 3 tablespoons soy wax
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 15 drops Tea Tree oil
- 15 drops Citronella oil
- 1-3 wicks
- Glass jar or container of choice
- Melt the solids (soy wax, beeswax, and solid coconut oil) in a stove-top double boiler.
- When the mixture has fully melted, remove from the heat. Stir in essential oils and mix for 30 seconds until evenly combined.
- Dip the bottom of the candle wick(s) into the melted wax and use this to stick the wick to the bottom of the container.
- Prop wick upright and pour the rest of the wax into the container.
- Allow the wax to cool completely. Trim each wick to ¼ inch height above the wax, and enjoy your homemade candle!
Double this recipe for a larger, longer burning candle to meet your needs all season long! This candle also makes an excellent gift for friends and family, whether they are true adventure seekers or homebodies at heart.