The road to Diamond is as individual as you are. It is full of twists and turns, places that are less traveled, and places that are full of traffic. It can be a bumpy ride, but you can only quit on a good day. Even if some events do not happen to you, they certainly will happen for the people you lead within your business.
Remembering that the road will be different for everyone is key to helping people engage in the journey. We also need to make sure that we are in a good place in our journey, so that we can be a guide to those we partner with. As we guide others through this process, we are really here to engage, empower, and educate others in simple solutions.
Jack Welch, author, chemical engineer, and chairman and CEO of General Electric from 1981 to 2001, was a great example of what leadership is. I love the following quote from him: “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.”
Here are seven tips to help you and others on your team on the road to Diamond:
1. Do personal development.
- Keep in mind that achieving rank is merely a front that requires a lot of personal work.
- Get clear about what you want to achieve in dōTERRA®. It all starts with you.
- Once you have a vision, get committed to becoming what you want to achieve. You have to be a Diamond before you can become one.
2. Find your strengths.
- Find your personal “sweet spot.” Know who you are and trust in that process.
- Know what you do better than anyone else so you can teach others to find what they do better than anyone else.
- A good leader inspires their team to learn who they are and gives them that vision that will show them where they too can create a “sweet spot” for success.
3. Focus on others.
- Focus your goals on those you serve, not on Diamond.
- Commit to developing leaders, not just finding them.
- Let the people who work with you know that they matter and are more than a paycheck or rank to you.
4. Strengthen your leaders.
- Choose to solidify your leaders by loving them where they are at.
- Work with those who are committed.
5. Lead with purpose.
- Find a plan.
- Teach the plan.
- Enroll others to follow the plan.
- Duplicate the plan.
6. Keep it simple.
- Show others how to achieve success through simple, duplicable actions that keep them in alignment with their passion.
- Duplication happens when those you teach can teach others what they learned with success.
7. Replicate the culture.
- dōTERRA has a culture of integrity that should be passed on through you.
- Have a long-term vision that is always 20/20. That will build strong organizations.
- Give back to those you serve, those who serve you, and those in need.