Cardamom Elettaria cardamomum
A close relative to Ginger, Cardamom is known as an expensive cooking spice and for being beneficial to the digestive system in a variety of ways. Its distinct scent can promote a positive mood. Its high 1,8-cineole content promotes clear breathing. Native to Southeast Asia, Cardamom is added to traditional Indian sweets and teas for its cool, minty aroma and flavor. doTERRA Cardamom essential oil is extracted from Cardamom seeds grown in Guatemala, using our strict CPTG® testing standards. Through a collaborative and responsible sourcing arrangement, we are able to have a significant impact on the lives of local partners, ensuring that these farming communities enjoy improved livelihoods.
- Use internally as part of a daily health regimen.
- Add to bread, smoothies, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor.
- Diffuse or inhale for a sense of openness and mental clarity.
Directions for Use
- Promotes clear breathing.
- Flavorful spice for cooking and baking.
Spicy, fruity, warm, balsamic