1) How do I recycle my doTERRA product?
Please bring the emptied glass or plastic bottles to the Hong Kong branch and put them in the recycling bin for recycling.
2) How to pre-process recyclable products?
Step 1: Please remove labels and empty the container.
Step 2: Rinse and dry container thoroughly.
Step 3: Remove the cap from the bottle and put them in the designated recycle bin.
3) What can I return to a doTERRA x V Cycle Recycle Bin?
Any oil glass bottles, Supplement plastic bottles and Personal care plastic packaging that are empty and cleaned. doTERRA and V Cycle will not accept any returns that still have product in them. Acceptable empties:
- Essential Oil 5ml, 10ml and 15ml amber/brown glass bottles and Cap
- Shampoo/Conditioner bottles and caps
- All softgel or beadlet supplement bottles
- Deep Blue Rub, OnGuard Natural Whitening Toothpaste or Lotion tube and Cap
- On Guard home care plastic bottles
- Deep Blue Stick, Breathe Stick or Deodorant Stick packaging
- All Skin Care plastic tube and cap
- Any plastic bottle pumps
- Indicated PCR made packing
4) What can’t I put in a doTERRA x V Cycle Recycle Bin?
- Aerosol can or Spray bottles
- 10ml Touch roller top
- Nutrition Packs
- Any contents of packaging such as lotion, soap or ointments
- Any bio-medical or bio-hazardous waste
4) How are different types of materials recycled?
- PLASTICS: Plastics are separated by number, melted down, and turned into flakes or pellets that can be pressed, moulded and extruded to produce new products. Common recyclable plastic types: PET/HDPE/PP/LDPE/ABS/PC/Acrylic.
- GLASS: Glass is cleaned and sorted by color for processing. It is then crushed and melted to be used in new glass products. Tempered glass is cleaned, shredded and mixed with cement to make pavement bricks.