A. Returns on Products Within 30 Days.
- doTERRA will refund one hundred percent (100%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) of Currently Marketable products that are returned by a Wellness Advocate or Customer within thirty (30) days of delivery by the Company. Wellness Advocates have the same 30 day refund rights as retail customers and the full refund terms are set forth herein.
- doTERRA will provide a Product Credit of one hundred percent (100%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) or a refund of ninety percent (90%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) on products not Currently Marketable (see Section 6.D.) that are returned by a Wellness Advocate or Customer within (30) days of delivery, less shipping costs and paid Bonuses.
B. Returns Thirty-one (31) days to Ninety (90) days After Purchase. From thirty-one (31) days and up to ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, dōTERRA will provide a Product Credit of one hundred percent (100%) or a refund of ninety percent (90%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) on Currently Marketable products that are returned by a Wellness Advocate or Customer, less shipping costs and paid Bonuses.
C. Returns From Ninety-one (91) days to One (1) year After Purchase. After ninety-one (91) days and up to twelve (12) months from the date of purchase, doTERRA will provide a Product Credit of ninety (90%) or a refund of (90%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) on Currently Marketable products that are returned by a Wellness Advocate or Customer, less shipping costs and paid Bonuses (excludes limited time offers and expired items).
D. Currently Marketable. Products and Sales Aids shall be deemed ‘Currently Marketable’ if each of the following elements is satisfied: 1) they are unused; 2) packaging and labeling have not been altered or damaged; 3) products which are delivered sealed or protectively wrapped and which if unsealed or unwrapped cannot be resold for health or hygiene reasons (for example essential oils) have been opened or unsealed or unwrapped; 4) the product and packaging are in a condition such that it is a commercially reasonable practice within the trade to sell the merchandise at full price; 5) the product expiration date has not elapsed; and 6) the product contains current doTERRA labeling. In addition, for the purposes of Section 6.B and Section 6.C above, products shall not be considered Currently Marketable if the Company discloses prior to purchase that the products are seasonal, discontinued, limited time offers, or special promotion products not subject to the Return Policy.
E. Return of Damaged or Incorrectly Sent Products. doTERRA will exchange or refund products if the returned products were received by the Wellness Advocate in damaged condition or were incorrectly sent. Such products must be returned within fifteen (15) days of receipt. Whenever possible, returned products will if requested be replaced with undamaged products. However, when an exchange is not feasible, the Company reserves the right to issue a refund for the amount of the exchanged products.
F. Duty to Retain Sales Order Number. In order for the Company to correctly recoup the applicable Bonuses on returned products, the original sales order number from the invoice must be retained. This number must be provided to the Company at the time the request for a refund is made.
G. Kit Returns. Products purchased as part of a kit or package must be returned as the entire kit.
H. Refund Alternatives. The form of refund will be based upon payment procedures in the Local Market and the original form of payment. Refunds will only be paid to the original payor.
I. Return Procedure. To obtain a refund for returned products or Sales Aids, a Wellness Advocate must comply with these procedures:
- A number for the return should be received prior to the return of the shipment to the Company. This number can be obtained, either by telephone or in writing, and the actual return shipment must be accompanied by the Wellness Advocate number.
- The Company will provide the Wellness Advocate with the correct procedures and location for returning the products or Sales Aids. All return shipping costs must be paid for by the Wellness Advocate.
- This return/refund procedure may vary in jurisdictions where different repurchase requirements are imposed by law. Applicable laws may dictate the terms of the refund policy. doTERRA’s return/refund procedures do not affect a Wellness Advocate’s statutory rights.
J. Company’s Right to Recoup Unearned Bonuses. Bonuses are paid to Wellness Advocates based on the purchase of Company products by Customers or by members of their Downline Organization. When products are returned, the Company has the right to recoup the Bonuses that were paid based on the purchase of the products that were returned. The Company may recoup these Bonuses by requiring a Wellness Advocate to pay the Company directly, or the Company may withhold the amount of the Bonus from future Bonus payments.
K. Return of Personalized Sales Aids. Personalized Sales Aids are not returnable or refundable, except for personalized Sales Aids with printing errors. Such sales aids must be returned within thirty days and in conformance with the Product Return Policy.
L. Credit Card Charge Backs. Wellness Advocates are required to return products under the Company’s product exchange and return policies rather than doing a credit card chargeback. When credit card chargebacks occur, the Company has the right to recoup the Bonuses that were paid based on the products associated with the credit card chargeback.
M. Training. If the Company provides any training for the Wellness Advocate at the cost of the Wellness Advocate then the Wellness Advocate may require the Company to refund such cost (less the cost of any subsistence) within 14 days of the training if the Wellness Advocate is dissatisfied with the training.