During summer, light, fresh meals are a must and these veggie summer tacos are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser! Colourful, tasty and healthy, this recipe will make it easier than ever to have your five a day, and the best part is that you can easily adapt the recipe to work with what you have in the fridge.
Pro-Tip:Add a couple of drops of Lime essential oil to the avocado cream for an extra boost of flavour!
1 zucchini, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 ear of sweet corn, removed from the cob
1 handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 red pepper, diced
1 can of chickpeas, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 ripe avocado
3 tablespoons of full fat, plain Greek yoghurt (cashew cream for a vegan version)
A handful of finely chopped coriander
1-2 drops of lime essential oil
1 toothpick of Cilantro essential oil
8 corn tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚ C. Prepare all the vegetables as described and add them to a large bowl.
2. Next, add the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, cumin and paprika to the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
3. Transfer the ingredients to a baking tray. Roast until tender and lightly brown for 20 to 25 minutes.
4. While vegetables are roasting, smash the avocado with a fork, then add the Greek yoghurt, coriander, Lime essential oil and a toothpick swirl of Cilantro. Mix it all together until you reach a creamy consistency.
5. To assemble the tacos, warm up tortillas in a pan inside the oven or on a heated griddle.
6. Once warmed through, assemble the tacos with the roasted veggies, followed by a spoon of avocado cream. Finally, sprinkle feta on top and garnish with cilantro.