With a soothing and sweetly spiced aroma, Cassia oil is ideal for diffusing—though it has a variety of other important benefits, as well. When diluted and applied topically, Cassia essential oil can help provide a warming sensation to the skin, and can also be used in sprays for its surface cleansing benefits. Additionally, use Cassia essential oil in the kitchen to give a boost of flavor and spice to favorite recipes.
Why should I add Cassia oil to my collection? Like Cinnamon Bark essential oil, Cassia essential oil is high in cinnamaldehyde, giving it potent surface cleansing properties. While similar to Cinnamon Bark essential oil in scent and chemical makeup, Cassia essential oil has a much warmer and more comforting aroma. This also better suits Cassia oil for use in a soothing massage when diluted. Cassia essential oil also provides a distinct sweet-spiced flavor profile when used in cooking; more so than other spice essential oils, many of which contain earthier notes.
- Blend one drop of Cassia oil with several drops of Fractionated Coconut oil and apply to the back of your neck for a comforting aroma.
- Combine one to two drops of Cassia oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into muscles for a skin-warming sensation.
- Combine one drop of Cassia oil with one drop of Wild Orange oil and apply to wrists for an uplifting aroma.
- Place one drop of Cassia oil in water to support hydration while outdoors.
- Add one drop of Cassia oil and two drops of Lemon oil to warm water to create a delicious tea with a soothing aroma.
- Use one drop of Cassia oil as a replacement for ground cinnamon or as an added dimension of flavor in pies, breads, and desserts.
- Add one to two drops of Cassia oil to mop water or a homemade surface spray for a pleasing aroma and added cleansing benefits.
- Blend one drop of Cassia oil with three to four drops of Tangerine oil and diffuse during cold seasons for a spicy, warm aroma.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Has a warm, spicy, cinnamon-like aroma
Provides a warming sensation to the skin when combined with a carrier oil
Adds a sweet, spiced flavor to cooking and baking recipes
Adds a spicy taste to water that encourages hydration
Provides an uplifting aroma during a massage
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
Wild Orange (NHP)
Smart & Sassy®
Aroma Lite Diffuser™
Warm, spicy, cinnamon
Cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl acetate