Hair wax helps add texture and style to men and women's hair. This easy DIY hair wax, made with essential oils, is healthy for the hair and can be enjoyed by those of all hair types.
4 ½ teaspoons beeswax
1 tablespoon shea butter
4 ½ teaspoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
10 drops Spearmint essential oil
10 drops Rosemary essential oil
Tip: For harder hair wax, use two tablespoons of beeswax and one tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil. For softer hair wax, use four and a half teaspoons of shea butter and two tablespoons of Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in glass container.
- Place jar in saucepan with 15mL of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Pour mixture in empty tin or glass jar with lid.
- Let hair wax rest one to two hours.
- To use, apply a small amount to fingers and style as desired. A little wax goes a long way.