Known as the “tree of life” for its exceptional wood preservation properties and surface cleansing abilities for the skin and home, Arborvitae oil plants itself firmly as a stable staple of the essential oil world.
Why should I add Arborvitae oil to my collection? Arborvitae oil is distinctive among wood oils for its ability to prevent rotting wood and preserve the beautiful cosmetic appearance of wood surfaces. While other wood oils such as Black Spruce oil or Cedarwood oil also have cleansing properties, wood preservation is unique to Arborvitae oil.
- Add one drop Arborvitae oil to facial cleanser for enhanced cleansing benefits in a skincare routine
- Apply one to two drops Arborvitae oil to neck and behind the ears for a peaceful, calming aroma during meditation.
- Apply two drops Arborvitae oil to the bottom of feet at the start of the day for a grounding, calming scent.
- Mix one to two drops Arborvitae oil with equal parts Wild Orange oil and Cassia oil and apply to wrists for an uplifting, earthy aroma.
- Apply two to three drops Arborvitae oil to a cotton ball and place in closets or drawers.
- Mix ten drops Arborvitae oil and ½-cup water in an amber spray bottle for a cleansing household surface spray.
- Mix four drops Arborvitae oil and two drops Lemon oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a naturally sourced wood preservative and polish.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. For external use only.
- Has a woody, warm, earthy, grounding aroma
- Can help clean skin
- Cleanses surfaces and helps remove sticky residue
- Provides a peaceful and calm aroma during a massage
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
dōTERRA Forgive® Touch
Warm, woody, earthy