Ylang Ylang Oil Product Description
The beautifully fragrant Ylang Ylang flower has been used for centuries in perfumes, religious ceremonies, and wedding events. Today, the Ylang Ylang essential oil produced from this exotic blossom is just as cherished and versatile. Ylang Ylang essential oil is renowned for its topical benefits and ability to promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin. It also has rich topically soothing and nourishing properties that can improve the healthy look and feel of your hair. Ylang Ylang oil is often used aromatically in perfumes, meditation, and massage due to its rich, peaceful scent and the calming and uplifting notes it brings to any atmosphere.
Purchase Ylang Ylang Oil
How do I use Ylang Ylang Oil?
- Massage: Massages are a great way to help relax the body, and the inclusion of Ylang Ylang essential oil can help enhance your massage experience with its soothing, uplifting aroma. Create an aromatically enriching massage oil by combining two to three drops of Ylang Ylang oil with 10 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into your back and shoulders.
- Bath: Soak your cares away with a warm Epsom salt bath, and incorporate the sweet, rejuvenating aroma of Ylang Ylang oil by adding three to five drops to your bathwater.
- Hair Care: Create your very own naturally sourced deep hair conditioner by adding five drops of Ylang Ylang oil to 10 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and applying it in the shower. You can also make an easy moisturizing hair mist by combining 10 drops Ylang Ylang oil to a 60 mL spray bottle with water and spraying your strands as desired.
- Skincare: Give your skin a luxurious steam facial using Ylang Ylang essential oil. Steam facials benefit the skin by helping to open pores, while including Ylang Ylang oil will help promote healthy looking skin and will also add a sweet scent to your DIY skincare.
- Personal Pure-Fume: Ylang Ylang essential oil’s rich, sweet scent makes it an ideal choice for a personal fragrance. For a beautiful, naturally sourced perfume, put a drop or two of Ylang Ylang oil on your wrists. This perfume will also give off a soothing and calming aroma for you and anyone who walks by to enjoy.
- Diffusion: Transform your dreary room to a cheery room by diffusing Ylang Ylang essential oil. Create a pleasant atmosphere with an aroma that is relaxing and uplifting, so you can enjoy an environment that gives you the best of both worlds.
The Ylang Ylang plant is sometimes called the “perfume tree” due to its highly fragrant flowers.
How is Ylang Ylang Oil Sourced?
Ylang Ylang essential oil is a product of the doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative in Nosy Be, Madagascar. The inhabitants of this island produce some of the highest quality Ylang Ylang essential oil in the world through a dedicated and labor-intensive process of nurturing, harvesting, and distilling the Ylang Ylang flowers. The doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing partnership with distillers and harvesters ensures that those who are working to produce Ylang Ylang oil can receive fair and consistent compensation for their efforts, as well as the added security of doTERRA as a guaranteed buyer.
Co-Impact Sourcing of Ylang Ylang
What is Ylang Ylang Oil?
The Ylang Ylang plant Cananga odorata is characterized by its drooping branches and large green leaves. Along the hanging boughs of this tree, smaller stalks containing multiple yellow-green flowers bloom. These flowers have long, narrow petals that dangle from the stalks, and are highly fragrant. These flowers also produce green fruits that grow in clusters and turn black when ripe. Ylang Ylang essential oil is extracted from the mature, yellow blossoms of the Ylang Ylang plant through steam distillation.
What Oils blend well with Ylang Ylang Oil?
The sweet, floral notes of Ylang Ylang oil blends with a diverse range of other essential oils. For a harmonious blend, combine Ylang Ylang oil with Bergamot oil, Geranium oil, Grapefruit oil, Lemon oil, Marjoram oil, Sandalwood oil, or Vetiver oil.
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.