The end of summer means the end of camping season is in sight, but that doesn’t mean we have to say goodbye to our favorite campfire treats. Bring the delicious perks of camping inside with these Peppermint Oil or Wild Orange Oil Chocolate Covered S'mores. They are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed year-round, even when the weather outside starts getting chilly! SUPPLIES
*Tip: To prevent burning, melt chocolate double-boiler style.
- Carefully break each graham cracker sheet into two squares and set aside.
- Melt the roughly chopped chocolate and coconut oil on medium heat in a large saucepan, stirring consistently.*
- Once melted, remove from heat and add 1 drop of Peppermint oil or Wild Orange oil. Stir well.
- Dip each graham cracker into the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow to cool and set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roast your marshmallows over a gas-burning stove, a back-porch fire pit or campfire, or a few seconds in the oven (watch them close—they roast fast!). If roasting your marshmallows outdoors or in a campground, double check that fires in your area are approved.
- Take two of the chocolate covered graham crackers and place a marshmallow and piece of chocolate in between. Enjoy!
You don’t need a campfire to gather around and swap laughs, but we know the difference a sweet, shareable treat can make. What brings your people together? Whip up a batch of these indoor s’mores, share it online, and tell us about the occasion! Just be sure to tag us (@doterraca) to let us in on the fun.