Summertime means family time, and nothing brings everyone together quite like a summer BBQ! We’ve put together some essential oil recipes and essential oil DIYs that will make your next summer cookout a complete success—just make sure to bring your secret ingredients to the party: essential oils.
The first order of business for any BBQ is a menu that’s to die for. We love dishes that are full of flavor and fun to share. Check out our favorite BBQ recipes featuring the zesty and fresh flavors of Lemon oil, Lime oil, and Cilantro oil.
HONEY LIME CHICKEN WINGS
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2–3 drops Lime essential oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 cloves of garlic; smashed, skins removed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 kgs (about 24) chicken wings; washed and patted dry
- Coarse salt
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, dōTERRA Lime essential oil, honey, garlic, soy sauce, and Tabasco sauce in a large bowl to make a marinade. Add chicken wings and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap or reusable plastic covering and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 3 and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil, then place baking racks on baking sheets. Remove wings from marinade and place on racks, reserving marinade. Brush wings with marinade and sprinkle with salt. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste both sides with reserved marinade. Return to oven and roast until cooked through (20 to 25 minutes).
EASY BLENDER SALSA
- Put first five ingredients in blender and blend just long enough to chop the ingredients until salsa is chunky.
- Add Lime oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Flavor your favorite beverage with Lemon oil or Lime oil to give your drink that perfect zing.
Nothing puts a drag on a BBQ night quite like the sticky mess it leaves behind. You don’t have to worry about slowing down the fun when clean up can be this easy, though! Clean your cooking gear and messy hands alike with this perfect pair of naturally sourced, essential oil BBQ cleaning hack DIYs.
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons castile soap
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil
- Distilled white vinegar
- Combine the first three ingredients and mix.
- Add vinegar until mixture has an olive oil-like consistency.
- Brush mixture onto metal grill or oven baking racks and let sit for 15–30 minutes.
- Use a damp scouring pad or grill brush to scrub surface clean.
- Rinse with water.
HAND CLEANSING SOLUTION
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass spray bottle.
- Spray generously onto hands to wet them and wipe clean with a paper towel.
Now that you’ve got all the pieces prepped, it’s time for a summer bash! While you’re partying with friends or family, post a photo of your favorite shareable dish to Instagram or Facebook, and don’t forget to tag us (@doterraca). We want to see how you do BBQ!