It’s time we start talking seriously about bathroom aromas—and no, not the ones you’re thinking of. This is one essential room in the house that you always want smelling fresh and clean! It’s your at-home spa, so there’s no reason it shouldn’t feel like a space you can relax. Luckily, this double-DIY takes the stimulating, fresh aromas of Island Mint and doTERRA Purify® essential oil blends in a package that will leave your bathroom smelling like a fresh island escape. Bathroom Bar Soap
Adding essential oils to homemade soap is the perfect way to infuse your bath routine with beautiful, naturally sourced fragrances. This recipe for homemade essential oil soap is perfect to keep both in the shower and beside the sink, and not only smells stimulating and fresh, but utilizes the topical cleansing benefits of doTERRA Purify.SUPPLIES
- Any unscented melt-and-pour soap base
- 10 drops doTERRA Purify oil blend
- 20 drops Island Mint oil blend
- Silicone mold
- Optional: dried mint herbs
- Cut off enough of the soap base to fill your chosen mold and place it in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the soap base in increments of 30 seconds, or using a stovetop double boiler.
- Add a handful of dried herbs to the soap mold.
- Add Island Mint oil and doTERRA Purify oil.
- Mix together and pour into molds.
- Let the soap sit in its mold for an hour.
- Remove the soap from the mold and place either in the bathtub or next to the sink.
The soap should be good for a few months.Bathroom Reed Diffuser
Our DIY essential oil reed diffuser is a chic, decorative way to diffuse the invigorating aromas of Island Mint oil and doTERRA Purify® oil in your bathroom around the clock.SUPPLIES
Tip: Flip each reed every two to three days for a stronger aroma.
- Put Fractionated Coconut Oil and essential oils into a glass container.
- Add reed diffuser sticks.
- It may take up to one day for the essential oil blend to make its way up the diffuser for you to smell, but the wait is worth it!
When you use these DIYs together, your bathroom will wonder how it lived so long without them. Wow your family and friends by setting stocking your guest bathroom with one of each, or give the gift of spa-night by making these essential oil DIYs for friends.
Learn more about the essential oils featured in this post by reading their spotlight pages!Meet Island Mint Meet doTERRA Purify