Melissa Melissa officinalis
Size: 5 mL
Wholesale: $233.00 AUD
Retail: $310.00 AUD
Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a wide range of benefits and uses. Melissa is used as a flavour in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Because of its positive uplifting scent, Melissa has long been used in situations of tension to help calm feelings and promote a sense of centeredness and balance. Diffusing Melissa at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment and promote emotional wellbeing.
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest for feelings of calmness and to promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment before a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to moisturiser or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to revitalise the appearance of the skin and feel refreshed.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL or 1/2 cup of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Uplifting and invigorating for emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- Calming soothing scent to promote feelings of emotional balance in tense times.
- Promote feelings of relaxation.
Geranial, germacrene, neral, β β-caryophyllene