Guys Guide to Facial Pride
You would be amazed what a healthy diet will do for your hair. By maintaining a good balance of vitamins like A, B, and E, you are actually creating a great environment that promotes hair growth.
Facial hair doesn’t always grow out evenly, so trim it every now and then. Lots of guys stop growing out facial hair and start shaving because it gets itchy. If a beard is what you want, fight through the itch with the help of doTERRA essential oils.
To keep your beard soft and shiny, it is important you use essential oils to condition the beard and keep up its shine. Steps to a soft and shiny beard
1. Apply beard oil once per day
2. Pour a few drops of essential oils into your hands.
3. Work the oils through your beard until you’ve reached the hair tips, making sure that you evenly spread the oil over your beard and the underlying skin.
Make sure and wash your beard a few times a week. Don’t even think of using bar soap. You’ll dry out your beard and the skin underneath. Instead, use shampoo. Make sure to follow up with some essential oils after your beard is dry. Trimming your beard every two months is recommended to maintain a healthy beard. Shaving your neck and around your beard will keep you looking fresh.
• 2 teaspoons Beeswax
• 1 teaspoon Shea Butter
• 3 teaspoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
• ½ teaspoon Vitamin E oil
• 2 drops Cedarwood essential oil
• 2 drops Tea Tree essential oil
• 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
1. Combine all ingredients, except essential oils, in glass container.
2. Place jar in saucepan with 1–2 inches of boiling water.
3. Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined.
4. Remove from heat and let rest 3 minutes.
5. Add essential oils and stir.
6. Pour mixture into empty tin or glass jar with lid.
7. Let balm rest 1–2 hours.
• 1 ounce Fractionated Coconut oil
• 4–5 drops Rosemary essential oil
• 3–4 drops Frankincense essential oil
• 3–4 drops Siberian Fir essential oil
• 3–4 drops Cedarwood essential oil Small bottle with an eyedropper or cap
1. In your bottle, add Fractionated Coconut oil.
2. Add Rosemary, Frankincense, White Fir, and Cedarwood essential oils.
3. Place the cap on tightly and shake well.
4. Using your hands or eyedropper, apply a few drops and massage into the beard.
5. Brush the beard for the finishing touch.
LIVE THE SMOOTH LIFE
Wet Your Beard Thoroughly
Hair absorbs water, especially warm water. After several minutes your hair becomes weaker, which is better for shaving. Showering before shaving is the best way to ensure your beard is properly moistened. This will also help
your razor blade last longer. If a shower is not possible, rinse your face, then apply a warm moistened towel for at least a couple of minutes.
Use Shaving Cream
The main purpose of shaving cream is to lubricate your face so that the razor will glide easily and smoothly. The best scenario is to leave the shaving cream on your face for at least a minute before you begin cutting, so that the beard is as soft as possible. We recommend using a shaving brush, because it helps create a rich, creamy lather with the shaving cream that stays close to the skin. It also exfoliates, which reduces the chance of blemishes and
razor bumps. Apply the shaving cream in a circular motion ending in an upward stroke to help lift the hair up and away from the face.
Use Quality Razor
Always use a good quality, sharp razor blade. A dull blade is harmful to the skin and is an underlying factor to razor burn and shaving rash. Make sure your razor is up to date. When shaving, always make sure to shave with the grain. Start with the sides, then the mustache area, and last the chin. The chin hairs are the toughest, so this
allows them the most time to soften under the shaving cream. Rinse your blade under hot water before you begin to shave and after every few passes.
Dry and Soothe After Shaving
Once finished, when the skin is most vulnerable, rinse the face with warm water and apply HD Clear® to cleanse the pores. After, pat dry with a clean towel. Make sure not to rub, just pat.
Finish Off with Aftershave Lotion
Due to the irritating nature of shaving, it is important to always follow up with an aftershave lotion. The ingredients in Razor Relief Serum are great for most skin types. It is important to find an aftershave that works with you. Experiment with doTERRA essential oils to find your own serum.
• ⅓ cup shea butter
• ⅓ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
• 5 drops Sandalwood essential oil
• 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
• 5 drops Tea Tree essential oil
1. Place all ingredients except for essential oils in double boiler.
2. Once melted, remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes.
3. Add essential oils and stir until combined.
4. Let shaving cream rest until hard. Tip: Put it in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
5. Using mixer, whip shaving cream until light and fluffy.
6. Place in container of choice.
Razor Relief Serum
• ½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
• ¼ cup rosewater (can be purchased at health food stores)
• 5 drops Frankincense essential oil
• 5 drops Lavender essential oil
• 5 drops Tea Tree essential oil
• 5 drops Helichrysum essential oil
• 5 drops Myrrh essential oil
1. Place Fractionated Coconut Oil and rosewater in glass spray or pump bottle.
2. Add essential oils and shake.
3. To use, spray directly on skin or place 2-3 pumps in palms and rub on affected skin.