Tea Tree essential oil has over 92 different compounds and has an extensive list of ways it can be used to benefit your wellness routine. But what is Tea Tree oil? doTERRA’s Tea Tree essential oil comes from the Melaleuca plant sourced from Port Macquarie in Australia. The leaves of the Tea Tree were used by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Tea Tree is best known for its cleansing properties. It can be used to cleanse and clarify the skin and nails and to support a healthy looking complexion. Diffusing Tea Tree will help freshen the scent of the air. Overtime, Tea Tree’s numerous benefits spread worldwide, leading to it's popularity today.
Tea Tree Primary Benefits
- Renowned for its cleansing qualities and for revitalising the appearance of skin.
- Add a couple of drops to a spray bottle with water for a natural cleaner around the house.
- Diffuse for a fresh, clear aroma.
- Diffusing Tea Tree essential oil provides a fresh aroma in your home. If you’re looking for a revitalising diffuser blend, add two drops of Lemon essential oil, two drops of Eucalyptus essential oil, one drop of Tea Tree essential oil, and one drop of Peppermint essential oil into your diffuser of choice.
- The benefits of Tea Tree as a skin cleanser and toner was first discovered by the ancient Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Today many people continue to use Tea Tree essential oil for skin because of these toning properties. Consider adding one to two drops of Tea Tree essential oil to your facial cleanser or moisturiser for added purifying benefits.
- The properties in Tea Tree essential oil can also be very helpful for cleaning purposes—especially throughout the home. If you want an effective homemade cleaner, add a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces throughout the house.
- Reap the benefits of Tea Tree essential oil for your nails by applying it to your fingernails and toenails after you get out of the shower. When using Tea Tree oil topically, first dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to prevent against any skin sensitivity, and then apply a few drops to your skin.
Oils that blend well with Tea Tree
Because Tea Tree has an herbaceous, green aroma, it blends well with other invigorating and refreshing essential oils like Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Lemon.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.