A. Duty to Accept Contractual Responsibilities. Before a Wellness Advocate may act as an Enroller or Sponsor, the Wellness Advocate must meet all requirements and accept all responsibilities described in the Contract.
B. Placement. A Wellness Advocate may refer Persons to the Company as applicants to become Wellness Advocates. An applicant who becomes a Wellness Advocate is placed in the Organization of the Enroller listed on the Wellness Advocate Agreement Form.
C. Training and Support of Organization. In order to be a successful Enroller or Sponsor, a Wellness Advocate should assume training and support obligations for Wellness Advocates in his Organization. A Wellness Advocate's success can come only through the systematic sale of Company products to retail customers and the product sales of other Wellness Advocates within his Organization.
D. Open Local Markets. A Wellness Advocate is entitled to enroll or sponsor other Wellness Advocates only in Open Local Markets. See Section 14.
E. Becoming a Successful Enroller or Sponsor. To be a successful Enroller or Sponsor and leader, a Wellness Advocate should perform the following responsibilities:
1. Give regular sales and organizational training, guidance, and encouragement to the Wellness Advocate’s Organization. An Enroller or Sponsor should maintain contact with everyone in his or her Organization and be available to answer questions;
2. Exercise the Wellness Advocate’s best efforts to ensure that all Wellness Advocates in the Wellness Advocate’s Organization properly understand and comply with the terms and conditions of the Contract and applicable national and local laws and regulations;
3. Intervene in any disputes arising between a customer and any of the Wellness Advocate’s Organization and attempt to resolve the dispute promptly and amicably;
4. Provide training to ensure that product sales and opportunity meetings conducted by the Wellness Advocate’s Organization are conducted in accordance with the Contract and in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations;
5. Promptly resolve any disputes between the Wellness Advocate, other Wellness Advocates, and the Organization of the Wellness Advocate; and
6. Educate those Wellness Advocates the Wellness Advocate enrolls and sponsors about the Company Policies.
F. Enroller and Sponsor Duty of Care. Enrollers and Sponsors have a responsibility and special duty of care to ensure that their actions or omissions do not cause or result in loss, harm or embarrassment to anyone in their Organization or the Company, and must promptly act to rectify any such loss, harm or embarrassment.
At the time of signup, Enrollers should ensure that those they enroll are informed about who is to be their Enroller. Wellness Advocates should not leave the assignment of enrollership of a new Wellness Advocate to their upline or some other person.
G. Realignment of All or Part of an Organization. The Company reserves the right to move or realign an Organization, or parts thereof, from Enrollers or Sponsors who breach the terms of this Policy Manual or who commit or are involved in conduct of moral turpitude as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. Nothing herein requires the Company to take any action, nor does it waive any rights by postponing or declining to do so.
Examples of conduct of moral turpitude may include but are not limited to: unwelcome sexual advances or communications, failure to repay debts, bankruptcy, physical harm, mischief or abuse, theft, and interference with family relationships.
The Company will give 30 days advance notice to any Enroller or Sponsor whose Organization is being moved or realigned.
H. Signing Up a Wholesale Customer. A Wellness Advocate may also introduce customers to the Company who will sign up as Wholesale Customers. A Wholesale Customer does not participate in the trading plan but a Wellness Advocate may be remunerated under the compensation plan for products purchased by Wholesale Customers introduced by the Wellness Advocate. Wellness Advocates should be aware that to sign up as a dōTERRA Wholesale Customer, each Wholesale Customer must:
1. Pay the non-refundable application fee as set forth in the Wholesale Customer Agreement.
2. Submit a properly completed Wholesale Customer Application Form to the Company; and
3. Be a legal age in his or her place of residence and be competent to enter into the Wholesale Customer Agreement.