Have you ever felt disconnected or unable to control your circumstances? Aromatherapy coupled with some simple centering yoga poses can help create a new sense of peace and purpose, leading to a renewal of resolution. Scientific research has shown that meditation during yoga together with aromatherapy is a combination of remarkable synergy, showing powerful effects on human emotions.1 With centering properties in mind, doTERRA scientists worked with yoga specialist Elena Brower to develop doTERRA Align Centering Blend. doTERRA Align’s aroma—especially in combination with centering yoga exercises such as Warrior II, Triangle, and Gate—is perfect for helping you trust in yourself, feel relaxed, and stay engaged.
The ingredients in doTERRA Align were chosen primarily to create a centering aroma. Bergamot, Coriander, and Marjoram are the primary oils in this blend. Peppermint, Geranium, Basil, Rose, Jasmine, and Fractionated Coconut Oil are also included, although in smaller amounts, to create a sophisticated and beautiful aroma.
- Bergamot essential oil has been studied for a variety of benefits related to mental and emotional health.*2-10 The aroma of Bergamot is calming and uplifting, while also capable of reducing feelings of emotional negativity and stress.11-16 It exerts its effects by calming the autonomic nervous system and reducing physiological parameters related to agitation and stress.16
- Coriander, called the “spice of happiness” by the ancient Egyptians, was thought to be an aphrodisiac.17 Historically, the aroma of Coriander essential oil has been used for its calming and relaxing properties.18 New scientific research supports these findings.19
- Marjoram is another essential oil that may have relaxing benefits.20 Human clinical research suggests that a massage using Marjoram essential oil may help to relieve tense muscles.21
- Fractionated Coconut Oil contains short chain fatty acids that moisturize the skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It helps balance the blend and prevent sensitive skin reactions after topical use.
- The remaining oils in this blend, Basil, Geranium, Jasmine, Peppermint, and Rose, each contribute to a great diversity of constituents that work together to create a floral, herbaceous scent.
The other main compounds present in doTERRA Align are linalool, linalyl acetate, and sabinene hydrate (also known as thujanol), although these are found in smaller amounts. Linalool and linalyl acetate are known to be relaxing compounds, having centering effects when present in moderate quantities. For instance, experimental research suggests that diffusing linalool may help to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation.22-23
How to Use
Whenever you are feeling apathetic and unfocused, diffuse doTERRA Align or use it topically in conjunction with a yoga routine. doTERRA Align is a neat oil, meaning that dilution is not necessary for safe application.