Origanum vulgare 15 mL
Powerful, potent and herbaceous Oregano. Although widely known as a fragrant cooking herb, Oregano, with its camphorous and herbal aroma has been used for centuries in traditional practices. The primary component of Oregano is carvacrol; a phenol that possesses antioxidant properties. /div>
Size: 15 mL
Retail: $50.65 NZD
Wholesale: $38.00 NZD
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional practices.
The primary chemical component of Oregano is carvacrol. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed.
Oregano is a popular cooking spice and Oregano essential oil is an ideal substitute in recipes.
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce or on a roast.
- Diffuses well with Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint and Cypress Essential Oils.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in a diffuser of your choice.
Food Flavour: Dilute one drop in food or liquid.
Tip: Oregano has a strong flavour and you may want to add using a toothpick. See additional precautions below
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Possible skin sensitivity. If you are pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
- Oregano is used extensively in Mediterranean cooking. Add one drop of Oregano Essential Oil in place of dried Oregano to spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
- Carvacrol; a component of Oregano Essential Oil may have antimicrobial properties.
- Oregano Essential Oil contains antioxidants known to reduce the damage caused by free radicals.
Herbaceous, sharp, green, camphoraceous