Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
Essential Oil Spotlight
As one of doTERRA’s top selling oils, Lemon oil has a variety of uses and benefits. With a clean, fresh, citrus aroma, Lemon is known for its purifying properties. Often used in cleaning products and air purifiers, Lemon has distinct cleansing and deodorizing characteristics that make it a popular choice for cleaning surfaces and purifying the air.
Where to Buy Lemon Oil
When you buy essential oils, it is important to ensure that you are receiving a high quality, pure, and potent product. If you are looking for pure Lemon essential oil, visit our Lemon page to see how you can order your own today. At doTERRA, we use CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® testing to make sure every bottle has the purest oil possible.
Lemon Oil Uses and Benefits
Looking for new ways to use Lemon oil? Here are a few topical and aromatic uses for Lemon oil, along with the top Lemon oil benefits to help you get started:
1. Whether you like working on your bike, your car, or projects in the garage, you know the frustration of trying to get black grease off your hands. Give your soap a little extra cleaning power by adding a few drops of Lemon oil to your soap mixture, and give your hands a good scrub.
2. Lemon oil can help exfoliate your skin. When incorporated into your skincare routine, Lemon oil can help give your complexion a refreshed, healthy looking glow. To make your own homemade exfoliant scrub, combine 4–5 drops of doTERRA Lemon essential oil to a small amount of oatmeal and water. As you apply the Lemon oatmeal scrub to your skin, you will feel the cleansing and refreshing properties of Lemon oil working to exfoliate and clean your skin.
3. When diffused, Lemon oil provides an uplifting environment and promotes a positive mood. Due to the chemical makeup of this oil, it has been shown to help improve mood with an energizing and invigorating aroma. If you want to diffuse Lemon oil, use three to four drops in the essential oil diffuser of your choice.
4. The cleansing and preserving qualities of Lemon make it the perfect oil for maintaining your furniture. By adding a few drops of Lemon oil to olive oil, you can create your own non-toxic furniture polish at home. When applied to furniture, Lemon oil leaves a clean shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and can replace lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
5. Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals. No need to throw out jewelry, silverware, or other household items that have started to tarnish—just put a couple drops of Lemon oil on a cotton ball, and rub on the tarnish to bring back the natural beauty of your metals.
6. A major benefit of Lemon essential oil is its purifying properties, which makes it the perfect component for homemade cleaning agents. If you are worried about dirt and grime, Lemon essential oil is the perfect solution for cleaning the surfaces of your bathroom and kitchen.
7. Stubborn, sticky residue used to be an annoyance, but with the help of Lemon essential oil, you can get rid of goopy messes without hours of scrubbing or the use of toxic chemicals.