Lavender Oil Product Description
With a distinct aroma and countless applications, Lavender has been used for centuries. Anciently, the Romans and Egyptians would use Lavender as perfume and for bathing and cooking. Since that time, many have discovered the myriad benefits that Lavender holds—using Lavender oil topically for skin and more. The versatile properties of Lavender essential oil make it a doTERRA favorite, and a must-have oil to keep on hand at all times.
Where to Buy Lavender Oil
If you are ready to buy your own Lavender oil, visit our Lavender oil page. When it comes to essential oils, there are a lot of ways to source, harvest, and produce a product. doTERRA believes in responsible sourcing, and efficiency during harvest and production, to provide the highest quality Lavender oil as possible.
Lavender Oil Uses and Benefits
Take a look at some simple topical and aromatic uses for Lavender essential oil, along with some of the top Lavender oil benefits:
- Whether you are trying to soothe skin irritation or merely nourish delicate skin, there are many uses of Lavender essential oil for skin. The soothing properties of Lavender have made it a popular option for skincare products, at-home skincare DIYs, and simple topical application.
- Do you have a pot of potpourri that has seen its day? Don’t throw it out! You can utilize the amazing aroma of Lavender essential oil by adding a few drops to a potpourri mixture that could use a little revitalization.
- Are your hands constantly plagued with dry skin and unhealthy looking cuticles? Making a homemade cuticle cream with Lavender essential oil is a great way to bring the moisture and healthy look back into your nails.
- One aromatic benefit that Lavender oil is widely known for is its ability to promote a relaxing atmosphere that leads to a restful night’s sleep. The calming properties of the oil help create a serene environment that is optimal for resting well and staying asleep. Add a few drops of Lavender to your pillows or bedding so that you inhale the aroma as you are drifting off to sleep. You can also apply Lavender oil to the bottoms of your feet as a part of a relaxing bedtime ritual.
- Sun exposure is good, but too much of it can cause irritated skin. Thankfully, Lavender oil holds many soothing properties that are perfect for calming occasional skin irritations. If you’ve spent a little too much time in the sun and find your skin irritated, reach for a bottle of Lavender essential oil.
- Combine Lavender oil with water in a spray bottle to create an instant solution for the unwanted smells that might be plaguing your home or belongings. Spray a light mist from your Lavender spray bottle into your car, linen closet, on your mattress, or any other areas that could use some freshening up.
- The ancient Romans and Egyptians often used Lavender oil aromatically for relaxation purposes, and you can too. All your worries will slip away as you sink into a relaxing Lavender oil bath. Add a few drops of Lavender to your bath water or bath soap to reap the benefits of this tranquil, light aroma. You can also apply Lavender to your temples and back of the neck to enjoy its relaxing aroma and help melt away feelings of stress or tension. Whether applied topically, or added to a luxurious bath, Lavender oil is the perfect solution for when you want to unwind at the end of a long.
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits and uses of Lavender essential oil: