Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
Making lip balm can be simple! Try this easy DIY lip balm that is both moisturizing and healthy for your lips. Lip balms make great gifts and can be easily customized. Simply change the scent with your favorite essential oils.
14g coconut oil
7g shea butter
7g cocoa butter
10 drops Peppermint oil
5 drops Lavender oil
Note: This recipe makes 42g of lip balm, so make sure you have enough containers. This recipe will make 10 lip balm tubes. You can always reduce the batch accordingly.
1. Measure butters and oils and place in glass bowl.
2. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, place the glass bowl at the center of the saucepan.
4. Stir every few minutes until ingredients are melted and combined.
5. Once the wax melted, remove from heat and let sit for three minutes then add essential oils.
6. Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool.
If you want a harder lip balm, add an additional 7g of beeswax. For an even softer lip balm, add an additional 7g of coconut oil.