Company Profile: doTERRA International, LLC
doTERRA is the world leader in sourcing, testing, manufacturing, and distributing CPTG® essential oils through a global network of more than five million customers. doTERRA, the Latin derivative meaning “gift of the Earth,” sets the standard for essential oils by providing to its customers the most tested and most trusted oils and having developed the expertise and commitment required to derive these unique oils directly from the best sources in the world. doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing® provides local growers and distillers fair compensation for their efforts, creating stronger local economies and a healthier, stable supply chain. In addition to a premium line of single-plant extracts and proprietary essential oil blends, the company offers oil-infused personal care and spa products, dietary supplements and healthy living products for the home.
- April 2008—doTERRA founded
- December 2008—doTERRA reaches $1 million in sales
- 2009—doTERRA has first $1 million month
- 2012—doTERRA has regular $1 million days
- March 2013—doTERRA breaks ground on state-of-the-art corporate headquarters
- July 2014—doTERRA celebrates 1,000,000 Wellness Advocates
- August 2014—doTERRA corporate headquarters Phase 1 completed
- June 2015—Phase 2 of the corporate headquarters is complete bringing 383,000 total square feet of professional office and manufacturing space online
- 2015—doTERRA establishes Esseterre Bulgaria EOOD, a farming and distilling operation in eastern Bulgaria
- 2015—doTERRA reaches more than $1 billion in sales
- June 2016—doTERRA celebrates 3,000,000 Wellness Advocates
- August 2016—doTERRA ships products to customers in nearly 100 countries and has corporate offices in 17 countries
- August 2017—doTERRA breaks ground to expand corporate headquarters
- September 2017—doTERRA breaks GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ for the Most Personal Hygiene Kits Assembled in One Hour
- September 2017—doTERRA made history by hosting largest single-company convention in Utah with more than 30,000 attendees
- September 2017—doTERRA announces new initiative focused on helping medical providers take an integrative approach to keep their patients healthy and thriving
- Hong Kong—2013
- Costa Rica—2017
- New Zealand—2017
Industry Leading Retention
doTERRA enjoys a 68 percent retention rate, compared to a direct selling industry average near 10 percent. After joining doTERRA, 68 percent of all customers reorder, continue to share doTERRA products, or build a doTERRA business. Why?
- Customers and Wellness Advocates are satisfied with product value
- High satisfaction levels lead to a desire to share products and success with others
- Product sales leaders recognize the value of doTERRA’s powerful compensation plan
People and Places
doTERRA completed a new global headquarters in Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA in 2015. doTERRA employs more than 2,000 people in day-to-day corporate operations in the United States, with even more employees working internationally. These employees support a global network of more than five million customers.
CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® — An Innovative Standard
doTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils represent the safest and most beneficial oils available in the world today. For an oil to be CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade the oil must be:
- Pure and natural, with aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants
- Free from fillers or artificial ingredients; no dilution of active qualities
- Free of contaminants, pesticides, or chemical residues
- Rigorously tested for standards of chemical composition
- Cross tested using mass spectrometry and gas chromatography to ensure exact purity and composition potency
- Sourced by a global network of leading essential oil chemists and growers to ensure correct species, growth in ideal environments, and that raw plant materials were carefully harvested at the right time
Corporate Social Responsibility
doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing®
doTERRA works to improve lives and communities throughout the world. Many of the essential oils offered by doTERRA are sourced in developing countries, where the growers and distillers are often at the mercy of third parties. doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing helps create coalitions of growers and distillers that ensure local communities receive fair and timely payments to support their families and communities. doTERRA works with these coalitions to provide the resources, tools, and training necessary to ensure a long-lasting partnership.
doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation®
doTERRA focuses philanthropic efforts through the doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation. Its mission is to bring healing and hope to the world, for lives free of disease and poverty, and ultimately to teach impoverished cultures to be self-reliant.
The foundation is supported by contributions from doTERRA independent distributors known as Wellness Advocates, retail and preferred customers, company employees and executives, and others who share our vision. Donations are collected through monthly contributions, one-time contributions, and select product sales. For more information visit Healing Hands.
The Healing Hands Foundation has been involved in many projects, including the following:
- Micro-credit loans providing renewable funding for entrepreneurs in developing communities.
- Clean water wells and programs.
- Building and revitalizing schools and clinics.
- Medical equipment and resources for hospitals and clinics.
- Education on hygiene and health.