Frankincense Oil Product Description
Known as the king of essential oils, Frankincense has a variety of notable uses and benefits. This powerful essential oil is revered for its ability to beautify and rejuvenate skin when applied topically. With all of its many uses, there is no question as to why Frankincense was highly esteemed by ancient civilizations and used for the most sacred of practices. For some religions, Frankincense is correlated with one of the most prized possessions of ancient biblical times, as it was considered valuable enough to be given as a gift to Christ after his birth. Frankincense was also used during religious ceremonies for salves for soothing skin and perfume. The perfume or aroma that Frankincense emits promotes feelings of satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and overall wellness, which explains its unique value in ancient times. Just as in its treasured past, Frankincense oil is highly valued in the doTERRA community and continues to be one of the most popular essential oils.
Where to Buy Frankincense Oil
To buy a pure bottle of Frankincense, visit the Frankincense oil product page.
doTERRA’s mission is to provide high-quality essential oils that are pure and free of harmful contaminants. With doTERRA’s strict method of essential oil testing and CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol, you can walk away confident knowing that the oils you purchase from doTERRA are potent and pure, bringing you maximum health benefits.
Frankincense Oil Uses and Benefits
- Razor bumps can be irritating and can turn your morning shave into a daylong frustration. Even though shaving may be essential, razor bumps are not. Provide relief to your skin with this do-it-yourself Razor Relief Serum enhanced with Frankincense essential oil. Frankincense is one of the best oils to help skin feel and look rejuvenated. By using this serum infused with Frankincense oil, the chemical properties of the oil will aid in reducing appearances of skin imperfections and the serum will benefit the irritated skin by soothing the sensitive razor bumps for an all-day appearance and feel your skin will love.
- What better way to start your day than with the relaxing fragrance of Frankincense essential oil? Whether you are a yoga enthusiast or a morning meditator, diffusing Frankincense oil during these experiences will aid you in focusing your intention for the day. The fragrances of Frankincense essential oil will also help bring added satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and even feelings of overall wellness to your morning routine. With its strong aromatic properties, Frankincense oil is essential in giving a positive and focused lift to the rest of your day.
- Are your hands experiencing dryness? Do you want to improve the look of your scaly hands? Frankincense can help! Whenever your hands are feeling or looking unmoisturized or marred by harsh weather, add a couple drops of Frankincense oil to the moisturizer of your choice to help hydrate and rejuvenate the skin. The scent of Frankincense essential oil combined with your moisturizer will add a warm, spicy, and clean scent to your skin. You’ll want to take this lotion with you wherever you go!
When using Frankincense essential oil to revive the look and feel of your hands, don’t forget your fingernails. Whenever traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense oil to maintain healthy looking fingernails. Simply place a drop of oil on your nail and rub it around the cuticles and edges of your fingernails. This will leave your nails looking healthy and strong even in the driest locations.
- Feeling stressed? It just so happens that Frankincense essential oil has a solution for that. The chemical components of Frankincense result in an extremely powerful aroma that can help to dispel negative feelings—like stress. If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood.
- There is so much fun to be had outdoors! From running around in the grass, to biking a dirt path, to planting some seasonal flowers, your hands and feet are constantly active, helping you make the best out of your outdoor adventures. But at the end of the day, feet and hands can get tired from all of that activity. Treat your hands and feet with a Frankincense oil massage that will have them feeling and looking rejuvenated for another active day outside. Add a couple drops of Frankincense to your feet and hands and massage the oil into your skin. This massage will give you a soothing and warming effect that your hands and feet won’t want to miss out on.
- Try this amazing “Star in the East” diffuser blend and fill your home with a warm and peaceful aroma. To create this blend, add 1 drop of Frankincense oil, 1 drop of Sandalwood oil, and 2 drops of Grapefruit oil to your diffuser for the perfect diffuser blend. The “Star in the East” blend works great for encouraging relaxation and uplifting mood.
- Enjoy a facial rejuvenation day with this DIY Clay Facial Mask infused with Frankincense essential oil. With a simple combination of bentonite clay, cider vinegar, and essential oils, your face will feel nourished and fresh. Because Frankincense oil contains properties that help revitalize and beautify the skin, this homemade clay mask with Frankincense essential oil will prove ideal for facial care. For best results, apply this mask to your skin once a week and enjoy that continual fresh facial glow.
- With so many benefits and uses, Frankincense essential oil has rightfully earned its title as the “king” of all essential oils. It’s beautifying, aromatic, and health-promoting* properties are extremely powerful and can easily improve an everyday lifestyle. For anyone seeking a helpful essential oil tip, always remember, if in doubt, use Frankincense.
One Boswellia sacra tree can produce a couple of pounds of resin each year.1 If Boswellia sacra trees are properly cared for, the tree can produce resin for hundreds of years.
Frankincense oil is derived from the Boswellia sacra tree and trees of a similar species. The Boswellia sacra is characterized by its thin and peeling bark, tangled branches, and clustered leaves at the end of the branches. The trunks of these trees often have more than one stem; however, some have only one trunk. These trees can grow up to 8 meters and are commonly found growing on rocky slopes and southern coastal mountains. The Boswellia sacra is native to Ethiopia, northern Somalia, south-western Oman, and southern Yemen.2
Frankincense oil is produced from the resin of the Boswellia sacra tree. The resin of a tree is a sap-like substance with a high viscosity. For centuries, the resin of the tree has been obtained by slashing or making an incision into the tree, which then emits large amounts of resin. After the resin secretes from the tree, it is then scraped off or collected as it drips onto the ground. When doTERRA obtains the resin from trees, the trees are carefully scored or “bled.” From there, the resin is delicately distilled and essential oils are extracted.3
Chemistry of Frankincense Oilα-pinene, limonene, α-thujene
Main Chemical Components:
Frankincense oil contains a complex mixture of monoterpenes such as alpha-pinene, Limonene, alpha-Thujene, and beta-Pinene. This intricate mixture of components works together to make an oil with many uses and benefits. The unique chemical constituents contribute to Frankincense essential oil’s renewing effects when applied topically and ability to support diverse cells in the body when taken internally.* The monoterpenes also contribute to the aromatic benefits of Frankincense oil, including its ability to promote relaxation and a sense of focus. To learn more about the chemical components found in Frankincense or other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil blends well with citrus oils like Lime, Lemon, and Wild Orange, and other oils such as Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and Clary Sage for diffusion.
Watch this video to see some of the uses and benefits of Frankincense oil.