Submitted by Heather McGinnis, New Jersey
This recipe is light but filling, with lemon adding a bright zest to these nutritious vegetables.
1 bundle asparagus
12 ounces Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3–4 cups water
- Bring water to boil.
- Halve Brussels sprouts and add to water. Boil for four to five minutes.
- While sprouts are cooking, heat up skillet.
- Drain sprouts and add extra virgin olive oil to skillet.
- Add sprouts, sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Saute sprouts for about three minutes, then add Lemon essential oil.
- Add asparagus and toss. Cover skillet and let cook, tossing a few times to coat asparagus.
- Cook until desired tenderness.
Tip: For tender and grit free asparagus, rinse asparagus spears under cool water and rub with fingers before using. Snap off about an inch of the bottom of the spear to remove the woody part of the stalk.