Submitted by Dianna Renz, Wyoming
This is the prefect meal to make before work and come home to dinner all ready to go.
2 cups dry pinto beans
4 tablespoons cumin
3 teaspoons paprika
2 tablespoons dried garlic flakes
1–2 tablespoons garlic
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 bell pepper
4–6 cups water
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
2 cups organic apple cider vinegar
- Wash pinto beans and soak overnight in cold water. Drain and dump into slow cooker. Stir in cumin, paprika, dried garlic flakes, and taco seasoning.
- Mince garlic and onions; stir into slow cooker.
- Dice bell peppers and tomatoes; stir into slow cooker.
- Stir in four to six cups water, virgin coconut oil, organic apple cider vinegar, and Cilantro oil. Water level should be one to two inches from top.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high until beans are very tender (about five hours).
- Add Lime oil before serving.
Tip: For an extra treat, add shredded cheese and sour cream.